Race front splitter byt RT-P and CW Racing

taras

That's quite interesting. So if I've read that right design 4 is best for down-force, and 2 is best for drag reduction and brake cooling?

Yes but 3 is best for cooling breaks as it is specifically directs the air to the insides of the wheels.

Strange that some of you choose 3 because though it looks the best, it is also the worst at being a front splitter because it produces the most drag.

You see that's the problem of making something which does one thing and then making it serve another purpose.

That's quite interesting. So if I've read that right design 4 is best for down-force, and 2 is best for drag reduction and brake cooling?

Yes but 3 is best for cooling breaks as it is specifically directs the air to the insides of the wheels.

Strange that some of you choose 3 because though it looks the best, it is also the worst at being a front splitter because it produces the most drag.

You see that's the problem of making something which does one thing and then making it serve another purpose.

Actually, I'm going to change my mind and say number 4 :lol: Seems the best compromise on reflection.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So here it is.

DSC04941.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

This is going into production in a few weeks time and the estimate price will be £350 for the entire kit in FRP only. Carbon one is too expensive and will only be destroyed in a matter of days however if anyone wants it in carbon they can request it from us.

The kit will consist of.

-1 Universal Under Splitter in FRP

-4 Adjustable turn buckle rods

-16x M4 nuts and bolts

-10x Chimney C Nuts

-10x M6 Bolts

we tried but PU was too floppy as a large sheet. In order for it to be rigid enough the PU had to be over 1.5cm thick. I'll have this fitted in a few weeks time when my car is ready so I can make some fitting instructions too.

It'd be interesting to see how you gain access to change oil.

The Zspeed undertray has an access flap built in so that you can easily undertake routine maintenance.

Looks like you'll have to remove the entire splitter to access :shrug:

It'd be interesting to see how you gain access to change oil.

The Zspeed undertray has an access flap built in so that you can easily undertake routine maintenance.

Looks like you'll have to remove the entire splitter to access :shrug:

+1 I did think the same

• 2 months later...

Special thanks to Marco in the Netherlands who races in the Time Attack for the pics of his install.

He's yet to fit the front 2 rods and to adjust his suspension but as you can see it works well in combination with our front lip on his GT4.

We'll be getting some more feedback from his trial runs soon.

P1010914.jpg

P1010924.jpg

P1010921.jpg

P1010920.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So after a few test runs and a few tweaks, Marco had a great run at Circuit Park Zandvoort.

In fact he did so well he was thrown out of his class!!!

His feedback was:

Yesterday I was kicked out of my class, because I was driving too fast! The splitter did a great job!In a certain corner I first drove 69km/h on gps, now it was 89km/h!, with no problems!The car feels great now in corners!Especially in fast tricky corners, like Scheivlak.It is an high speed corner to the right, that also goes downward.Check it on Youtube if you want!I am very pleased with the splitter!Great job!!

207921_410812392313768_385832623_n.jpg

So there you go. If you're into track events, this IS a must have for your car.

• Like 1

I've been looking at the APR one guys, and also gtc-300 high level wing or voltex type 8 wing.

Will you guys be doing anything similar

Voltex type 8

voltex_type_8.jpg

vl-z3r-1_2.jpg

APR GTC-300

wing01.jpg

APR splitter

MGalleryItem.php?id=607

If you's are gonna be able to do something similar I'm very interested. Got prices sitting there for these from Tarmac as I'm gonna be doing this work during the winter months.

Would prefer the voltex wing as the weight spread on the boot is better. I fear the gtc will crack my carbon boot :thumbs:

• Like 1

We do already have something similar to the voltex spoiler which our track customers use for function over style. If you pm me your email I'll send you some pics.

As for the APR, you'll find that our under tray splitter is proven to be more superior than a half semi circle cut out.

id be happy to test the results on a 350z for you if you like ;)

we have 2 test days booked for brandshatch and have on board data logging/gps/g force/split etc

might make more difference now we are moving back from slicks to semi's and we do have a chunky rear wing to offset potentially. let me know if your interested :)

Hi mate, got the pics just now.

Is the wing universal or 350z specific also?

I'm sure the undertray would be fine but I dont have access to prep it etc which is a little off putting and would prefer something a little stronger than frp as i'm sitting very low and hard and fear that this will get demolished hitting a kerb on track. Would you consider doing a 350z specific type in something more durable?