Race front splitter byt RT-P and CW Racing

taras

Working along side with Jamie at CW Racing to develop a proper front splitter. (Not a front lip)

Universal for all cars as long as the front end if flat. (This can be achieved with a front lip added on)

This is what we've come up with.

Opinions pls?

JC-005.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait till an actual prototype has been made and mocked up to a 350Z to make a judgement :thumbs:

I intend to make it universal out of PU and have the front edge wrapped in Carbon for aesthetic looks for:

a: keeping cost low

b: making the wheel arch depth trim-able for universal car fitting

c: Durability because PU won't smash into bits.

Most of our clients are the guys in the celica clubs and races in TSS so it'll probably be seen there before it's it's seen fitted to a Z unless we have some track users here who are really interested?

If you can make this a cheaper alternative to the undertray then your onto a winner IMO. :thumbs:

We are aiming to be cheaper than other aftermarket front splitters in the market for sure in order for this to work but in the mean time it's still in the R&D Stage.

Some input from another forum is that the Evo's have channeled air directing to the calipers for extra cooling as a secondary function.

Something we're looking at replicating.

exterior_image010.jpg

This looks very interesting. Will there be access to the oil filter when this is in place as per the Z Speed Aluminium under trays?

I would say no. The intention of making it universal would mean we're aiming not to make it car specific and the more simpler we can keep it the lower the cost of production can be.

This looks very interesting. Will there be access to the oil filter when this is in place as per the Z Speed Aluminium under trays?

I would say no. The intention of making it universal would mean we're aiming not to make it car specific and the more simpler we can keep it the lower the cost of production can be.

hmmm I just got a z speed alu tray :D lol maybe just make it 'shorter' and be able to sit on top of say oem panel and the likes of the z speed alu tray?

hmmm I just got a z speed alu tray :D lol maybe just make it 'shorter' and be able to sit on top of say oem panel and the likes of the z speed alu tray?

Not quite sure what mean? You have a alu Z tray which you want to cut in half and seat it over the stock under panels?

Not quite sure what mean? You have a alu Z tray which you want to cut in half and seat it over the stock under panels?

I'll draw something up and post it in here.

In text> The version that you posted looks like it'll replace the current OEM under-tray (or Z speed for that matter) and I was just tinkering with the idea of having something that can sit under the OEM or Zspeed undertray, using that material to attach to the car + more for obvious reasons, and have channels leading to the brakes.

:lol: having epic fail moments using gimp2 to try and visualize what I'm talking about. hoping the text is good enough.

:lol: read it twice and I gotcha.

The thing is, if you're going to fit a front under splitter which covers the ender side, why would you want to keep the stock tray anyway?

:lol: having epic fail moments using gimp2 to try and visualize what I'm talking about. hoping the text is good enough.

:lol: read it twice and I gotcha.

The thing is, if you're going to fit a front under splitter which covers the ender side, why would you want to keep the stock tray anyway?

Would want to keep the z speed one. The original one i would dump. You would save on material cost too. Just a thought.

here's a mini write up from CW racing after various simulations from everyone's input.

diffuserpictures.jpg

Design 1. simply a flat plate. Produced

some down force. Would be the most easy

to produce and fit.

Design

Design 2. similar to design 1 but with an

angled tail. Produced approximately 2x the

down force of design 1 and with the benefit

of drag being reduced by 1/2.

Design 3. a very complicated design which

was influenced by comments from members

on forums. The piece would be very

complicated to make and mount due to its

shape. It does however produce over 4x

the down force of design 1. negative point

though is it also produces 3x the drag.

Design 4. a design that id a hybrid of design

1 & 3. not the simplest to make but much

easier than design 3 and should be simpler

to fit. It produces 3x the down force of design

1 and only a fraction more drag.

diffuserpictures2.jpg

Design 1. CFD shows quite simple flow due to its

simple design. The swirly bit behind the wheel is the

wake from the tyre.

Design 2. bit more going on. More lower pressure

under the car as there is much more blue. Also

selected flow lines through the rotating wheel. You

can see how the wheel pumps the air out like a jet.

Design 3. lots of 3d flow on this one. You can still

see the swirly bit behind the wheel. Also areas

where the flow separates away from the strakes

in the channel. Also an area in front of the tyre.

Design 4. Lots more laminar flow. Still with the

wake behind the wheel.