is a 2007 313 model worth £1000 more than 2007 300

wesmin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you buy mods that will deliver more than 13 bhp for £1000?

If you are technically minded and fancy the installation (which would reduce costs) why not go NOS. You can get pretty much all the same kit I purchased for £1k - this will give you more than 13bhp, I gained around 60 hub horse power.

Installation depends on how and who installs it. :thumbs:

If you were to improve NA mods, Y pipe, de-cats, replacement air filter, you would potentially gain just over 13bhp, but to achieve this you'd probably spend £1k+

Depends if you are looking to modify it. If the 313 was tidy I think I would take that over the 300 if I wasnt going to go FI or anything later, but it really does depend on the cars in question. From my understanding the 313 engine is more than just a bit more than just 13HP up on the 300, it has better low down torque which the 300 lost compared to the 276. Its all swings and rounderbouts in the end if you get it mapped though.

Or NOS and the mods Wasso says above :D

You beat me to the NOS thing Ian..

Not to hijack but I need to get the ball rolling with mine!

;):thumbs:

I'd second Chris on that one and then get the mods, cos you will get roped into it at some stage.

I would pay the extra for a HR engine tbh.

Stronger, revised engine for only £1000 more - bargain if you ask me.

+1 HR engine is alot better and has much more potential than the 300de. If I could choose then I would pick the hr. The bonne bulge puts me off though.

Can't wait to get my nos installed.

Entirely up to the purchaser :shrug: I think most would go for the HR engine though. Not more noticeable power but as Lexx and Neily have said - its a better engine - but not so many groovy mods for it. Then again that 1k could get you some nice mods :)

+1 can't see the point of the question. HR engine for 1000 more? Yes full stop.

Nos is good but can't use it 24/7. Get the HR and then with another couple of K at a later time you can take it to a nice 340! :)

On the meantime even the 313 roadster is faster than the 300 coupe!

NOS - Nitros Oxide. Its basically a volotile gas injected into your cylinders. More Bang = More Zoom. Kinda like a "Boost" button in arcade games.

FI = Forced Induction. Turbo's or Superchargers.

Totally agree. the 313 is actually 80% new engine over the old engine. Its got stronger internals and is mounted lower in the car to improve the handling. I also think it would probably have a better resale value.

its not 13 bhp though, as the 313 is actually 309 bhp and the 300 is actually 298 bhp, and the older one is 276 bhp.

The 300 is actually a 296 bhp engine :p

stick all 3 stock cars on a drag strip and they'll all cross the line at pretty much the same time.

the early DE engines had more torque, the later engines had more BHP but were heavier.

swings and round abouts, at the end of the day, buy the best condition car for the money you have, i'd rather buy a pristine DE engine than a scrappy HR.