Fail

ioneabee

Oh dear on both accounts. Hope EH370z is taking stock - this is typical Nissan dealer behaviour :bang:

During my meeting with Toby, he was quite open about dealships not knowing enough about the cars. Espeically the Used cars sales staff.

It was something he wanted to rectify.

This thread would be more useful if someone could point out what exactly is wrong with the ad.

Ta. :thumbs:

it's not a "black edition" - ie the 40th anniversary edition - its just a plain old (probably) GT Pack 370Z :wacko:

And its not as though it is a trade-in so the garage has the full paperwork - no doubt a demonstrator - it even has the blue protective film on the footrest.

Vik: 370 models -nicked from a post by Chris`I

2 main models as with the 350z - base and GT pack. GT pack adds leather seats, better stereo and cruise (as with the 350z). Connect Premium is the upgraded entertainment system which adds touch screen nav and better ipod integration and HDD "jukebox" (can rip CDs to MP3s upto 10GB).

Ultimate was the first MY09 offer where you get a fully loaded 370z (nav, illumiated kick plates, etc) all included in the price and available in yellow with or without stickerage.

40th/Black Edition was the MY10 special which came with special red interior, callipers, dark wheels and limited numbers (370 for the whole of Europe)

GT Edition is the MY11 special edition which comes with revised suspension for the UK, better sound deadening underneath and a sticker down the side.

Oh dear on both accounts. Hope EH370z is taking stock - this is typical Nissan dealer behaviour :bang:

As alway yes! I dare say, another example of more speed less haste. Not defending them, but I know how busy these sites get. That said the car is a fortune anyway for a 60 plate :lol::lol:

As alway yes! I dare say, another example of more speed less haste. Not defending them, but I know how busy these sites get. That said the car is a fortune anyway for a 60 plate :lol::lol:

I can forgive dealerships not knowing a lot about 350z's these days as they are not a current model and early examples go back to 2002 imports which you'd be hard pushed to know about unless you are an enthusiast, but not knowing about current models is not on IMO. Kudos for you coming on here and broadening your knowledge :thumbs:

Also for everyones info - black edition is the UK term for the 40th Anniversary model. NMGB in their infinate wisdom deciced to call it black edition over here to tie in (not very successfully) with the GTR black edition. Laughable as all the badges on it say 40th Anniversary :bangin:

During my meeting with Toby, he was quite open about dealships not knowing enough about the cars. Espeically the Used cars sales staff.

It was something he wanted to rectify.

I find that quite shocking. They're clearly in the wrong profession. If I didn't know my field of work that I was employed in I'd be fired, simple. A salesman must know the ins and outs of their products, it's their job to!

I think the issue with the advert is that, the advert information (the model and description) is often dragged from the registration plate straight on to the advert (i.e. the information on the car from the DVLA via Experian), remotely.

That is to say that, the person who is responsible for up loading the vehicle details doesn’t even go on to the Autotrader to place the ad, let alone see the car. The pictures are then potentially added by someone else.

Where these sorts of things goes wrong, is that, all too often there is neither a person or time to sense check in detail the descriptions.

Not saying it right, but that’s why these mistakes are made.

Hope that makes sense a bit, my sentence construction is a little off today :surrender:

I don't think you are defending the error Toby, but the fact is that is a misleading advert and could fool most into believing they are looking at something special and especially at the advertised price as that is way over what new discounted 370's are selling for which implies to me the person starting the ad process thought it was a Black Edition. (Benefit of doubt there).

As Chris says, even enthusiasts have difficulties understanding all the 350/370 model variations so those new to ZED ownership would be in an even worse position.

As the black editions are the most prized versions and rarely available, potential customers could be a making a hasty long trip to view the car so as not to lose the purchase opportunity only to be highly disappointed when they got there. Of course I am not suggesting that was the purpose by the ad but it would not be the first time.......

A word in someone's ear who has clout in Nissan is due me thinks ;)

You have inadvertently hit upon another contributing problem.

Nissan don't really have that much clout with individual dealers on what the dealers do with there own property ie the used car. This us not true of all manufacturers. I know from my time with Mercedes, they where very strick on representing the brand on even used cars it was part of the dealer aggreement. Not quite so with Nissan mores the pity! But I do know that Nissan are trying to push a Nissan branded used car program which the dealers would need to sign up to in the near future. If nothing else it would tidy the used car job up a bit, but the details are still a bit scetchy so far, but I am told several dealers including mine, have put there hand up for it.