Hello, I'm new here....*PICS PAGE 3*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened with the r8?

It's going part-ex to a dealer.

Thanks Bronzee - you cant get anywhere near that chimney now due to health and safety boffins deciding that cars being able to get onto an abandoned industrial site is a bad thing!

Shocking!

Hello folks.

I'm not really sure how forums work, so please be gentle with me. This is my first time coming onto car forums as I always assumed they were geeky places full of weirdo's.........

Oh wait, that's not right.

:teeth:

It's probably the worst kept secret on the forum that I have been on the hunt for a new Zed.

I have had a mare selling my VXR8 in this economic climate, so I decided to take a hit and part-ex along with my Pug 406 coupe.

I am just finalising a deal on this car

Thanks fir the kind words, really looking forward to seeing it myself!

Sorry for the late reply just got up - the kitchen it not going well.... :lol:

How did the Pools get on? Or shouldnt I ask

newzed.jpg

MY06 boggo standard with GT pack.

Want to say a massive thank you to Toby (EH 370) for the masses of leg work he has done on this for me so far (on his week off no less!)

Easiest car buying experience ever.

(I'm probably getting ahead of myself as it will be a week or so before everything is finalised and in my possesion - Im just excited!)

:band:

:welcome: noob - the lengths you go to just to try and turn your name green :p

Most expensive moderator application in history? :lol:

In all seriousness, I never really connected with the VXR8. I loved having the straightline grunt and torque, but I missed being able to keep up in the twisties. After having my ass handed to me by a S2000 way back in December, I knew it was time to change.

Circumstances meant I couldn't effect that change until now.

Selling my original Zed was the right choice at the time, but a choice I now regret. But we can;t see into the future when we make these decisions can we!

I've already got initial ideas in mind for this car. I just hope I can pull them off.

For now, it will be the usual stuff externally - exhaust, front nose, rear bumper, spoiler/despoiler.

Next year, all being well, I will be in a place where I have saved enough to think about going FI.

Until then, I am having a wail of a time searching the For Sale threads!

Thanks for the welcomes back. It says something about the nature of this community that I have came back here. For me, this place is very much a key factor in the owning of a Zed.

was the r8 really that bad at handling that it couldnt keep up with an s2000 which has half the power?

2 and a half tonne saloon car trying to put 440bhp down through the back wheels when the car is constantly shifting direction.

The suspension gets easily confuddled with direction changes, and the gear changes cannot be rushed.

By comparison, a S2000 is light, nimple, better weight distribution, higher revving.

Power isn't everything.

Thanks Bronzee - you cant get anywhere near that chimney now due to health and safety boffins deciding that cars being able to get onto an abandoned industrial site is a bad thing!

Shocking!

How rude!!! :p:lol: Surely they know you need a new calendar pic! :p

The car finally arrived in the North East today, and I just got back from Middlesborough having a look.

For a 2006 car, she is in pretty good condition. I wouldn't say she is to my standards, but very few things are! Few scratches hear and there, but they are all polishable so they will be taken care of.

We had the car up on the ramps, and I was able to have a good poke around underneath. All sound and secure - even the OEM exhaust looked like it was in good nick.

Banana arms at the front look like they may have been replaced at some point in their life as these looked pretty new, as did the bushes, and showed no signs of corrosion or wear.

All 4 rays unmarked.

Interior was pretty standard for a 5 yr old car - few scratches on knob and on the door grabs. But I will be replacing those anyway.

Drivers seat bolster worn. But that's in hand.

We did find 2 or 3 niggles, which will be hopefully seen to tomorrow. One being the "stop" that prevent the gear stick from being moved into the reverse without pressing down on the stick doesnt seem to be there.

Having not dismantled a Zed for quite a while, I cant remember for sure. But I seem to rememebr this is just a case of a plate and a small piece of metal attached to gear stick that has to slide under the plate.

Regardless, it is being looked at tomorrow.

Hopefully have her in my posession soon :teeth:

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

That last kit would make it look just like a porshe :blush::lol::lol:

:dry: no-one likes a smart arse :lol:

Vik - Don't think we know the owner, although it has been a one owner car, with a full dealer service history at Chorley Nissan.

The stubby was a bonus, and it even has a vertical screen in the boot! The cargo net is missing though, so will have to blag one from somewhere.

Niel - Its the front nose I care about, not the wings! :wacko:

That last kit would make it look just like a porshe :blush::lol::lol:

:dry: no-one likes a smart arse :lol:

Vik - Don't think we know the owner, although it has been a one owner car, with a full dealer service history at Chorley Nissan.

The stubby was a bonus, and it even has a vertical screen in the boot! The cargo net is missing though, so will have to blag one from somewhere.

Niel - Its the front nose I care about, not the wings! :wacko:

lol i know, i know ;) and its Neil :lol::p