Super charger MPG?

Southernspeed

Those with SC , if driven 'normally' what sort of fuel consumption do you get? Is there much difference from before you went SC?

If I ever "drive normally" for a whole tank I'll check the MPG but its a fun car next outing will be to Castle Combe for a track day I might average 12mpg (if I'm lucky) :lol:

I would estimate 3-5MPG less than stock but thats a guess based on how many miles I've done between top ups.

I used to get about 250 miles to a tank if driven normally.

I did empty a tank in 160 miles of motorway driving once, but the car was playing up a bit at that point :lol:

That sounds quite thirsty to me, what did you get to a tank before, any idea?

About 350ish

I used to get about 250 miles to a tank if driven normally.

I did empty a tank in 160 miles of motorway driving once, but the car was playing up a bit at that point :lol:

That sounds quite thirsty to me, what did you get to a tank before, any idea?

About 350ish

hmmm, yeah thats what I get normally, although can get considerably more if I'm in an 'economy' mood :)

I'm sure you could have a conservative map added and an all out map. Even with an SC, the Zed wont be a nightmare on fuel if you want to go around Europe. Depends how much you want the extra power it gives compared to all the extra costs :thumbs:

Not a good solution then! :lol::lol::lol:

Wasn't entirely serious anyway as I frankly have no idea how an SC car would run with no belt attached. I just know that some people will run an SC car with no belt to the tuners.

Remove the SC belt when driving round Europe......
one cure I suppose. but I will let you slip the belt off and refit a belt to power all the power steering/A/C etc etc.

Mark

Not to mention completely the wrong map for an engine trying suck air after it's mapped to be fed air :lol:

The Mad Max set up was sooo cool .... 'til I found out it was fake :lol:

Wasn't entirely serious anyway as I frankly have no idea how an SC car would run with no belt attached. I just know that some people will run an SC car with no belt to the tuners.

Didnt Ian drive his to Abbey sans belt? Albeit before the map but you could technically have a blown and unblown map and disable the belt. However probably far easier just to have a few ponies less and save a fortune :lol:

Didnt Ian drive his to Abbey sans belt? Albeit before the map but you could technically have a blown and unblown map and disable the belt. However probably far easier just to have a few ponies less and save a fortune :lol:

Nope, mine went on a trailer :)

Might have been nurrish :shrug:

next outing will be to Castle Combe for a track day I might average 12mpg (if I'm lucky) :lol: .

Keep dreaming :lol:

Shhhh the missus may read this :lol:

I do have a 120 mile round trip to even it out a bit!

I thought you can only have 2 maps if you had a JDM?

I have a Utec ECU with 2 maps will take 7 I think, it will be in the for sale section very soon :thumbs:

But the last thing I would do when I got into Germany is drive fuel efficiently! :lol:

UK 276bhp 350z cant have any multi maps;

but we map the car as lean as possible when not pulling load so be as economical as possible, so other than an unleaded map (which I wouldn@t be happy to do a S/C car) or a valet map if we could run multi maps you cant really make the cars any easier on fuel consumption.

UK 276bhp 350z cant have any multi maps;

but we map the car as lean as possible when not pulling load so be as economical as possible, so other than an unleaded map (which I wouldn@t be happy to do a S/C car) or a valet map if we could run multi maps you cant really make the cars any easier on fuel consumption.

I guess I have to run the good fuel then rather supermarket cheap stuff? (not that I visit supermarket stations lol)

What about all that E10/E85 ethanol fuel they use in France now? Though Nissan say post 1/2004 can run on E10, what about with a SC? There's 35% less 'energy' in E10, surely that'll make for a really lean burn?

i run a SC V8 on a long drive i get about 23-24 mpg on round town and mix driving its about 18mpg. thats 4L V8 SC. and if i keep my foot to the floor the entire time it does 4mpg. :lol:

it runs on bog standard unleaded, its a 70 litre tank costs 85.00 to fill up from empty, and on average i get about 350 miles to a tank.

ok it has 2 more cylinders than the zed and 0.5 litres more, but it weighs about the same as the zed. and has 370 bhp. but goes to show SC motoring isn;t that bad

If you want to run E10 or E85 properly you need to retune the car as you require approx 20% more E85 to get the right AFR.

To run E85 your need bigger injectors and fuel pump and a remap , something I have done on a GTR Skyline but not on a 350Z , but we are working on a motor in the US that will be making big BHP on E85 and a stock ECU very soon ( it will have a big pair of blowers fitted as well thou)

E85 is cheaper but yu do need a lot more of it.

Seen plenty of E10 in Europe but is E85 readily available at all the pumps? The E85 dream when poo after the government here decided to get rid of the tax relief :rant: , so Maxol decided to stop selling the stuff. (also rumoured that it wasn't of the best quality either)

Mark, would be interesting to hear how the Z in the US get on with E85, is theirs made of 'milk' too?