The 'I should like it but I don't' thread

Stew

This is the place to share those cars that the world goes mad over but you just don't get. The ones that you know you should want but you just don't.

This is aimed to be a fun thread so don't argue please.

I'll start off proceedings with this.

bugatti-veyron.jpg

Sure it has 1000bhp, is probably the most accomplished sports car ever built with speed, grip and acceleration.

I however just don't lust after it. I have no idea why, £ million cars should make me weak at the knees and this one doesn't.

As I say, I don't know why it doesn't do it for me. Call me mad (and many will) but I'll leave it off my list thanks.

Dunno Stew, I don't think I'd kick it out of my garage. :lol: I think the thing that is slightly disturbing about the car, the lines gorgeous, the shape and angle of the headlights, just doesn't work in my eyes.

I'll agree with stew, the veyron doesn't do it for me either.

Also having had another snoop round one at a meet today, I'm starting to fall out of love with the 458 too. It's great, but it's just going to become one of the family in time, just like the 355, 360 and now 430 are blending into one line of evolution and fade away. I'm starting to favour icons or stand out one offs now. The ford gt, murcielago and even jaguar xj220 that are all outclassed by the 458 just seem to have that something else.

The gallardo too is going the same way for me. Today parked next to a murci, it just didn't have that same "spaceship" or bonkers car appeal that the countach, murci and diablo had/have.

Maybe im just going off modern cars, and starting to look at classics in a different light. Time for the pipe and slippers I think. :lol:

Here we go.......................... The Porsche 911

2007_porsche_911_turbo_1.jpg

I whole heartedly admire the evolution, engineering and precision of this car, but it just does not do it for me :shrug:

+1, I just cannot get on with a 911. I know they are quick, I know they are engineering marvels, but they look plain wrong...and the engine sound...it sounds like its just a big farting diesel with a blowing exhaust. I would never, buy a 911.

Sorry :surrender:

04_nissan_370z_first_drive_580op2.jpg

I just think it is different enough from the 350z and I prefer the looks of the 350 over the 370...

I think it is the ultimate as I obviously 'should' like it but I really really don't...

:ban:

SACRELAGE :angry::dummy:

Sorry :surrender:

04_nissan_370z_first_drive_580op2.jpg

I just think it is different enough from the 350z and I prefer the looks of the 350 over the 370...

I think it is the ultimate as I obviously 'should' like it but I really really don't...

:ban:

SACRELAGE :angry::dummy:

Yes your spelling is terrible :lol::p

*Sacrilege*

now you're :ban:

:blush::p

Never have and never will like these I'm afraid

00023869_Daveseven_Triumph_Stag.jpg

I love the Stag! My dad had a Java Green (very 70s) mark II manual for quite a few years when I was a teenager. The 3.0 V8 sparking up through stainless pipes was a sound to behold when waking up after a night on the hooch followed by a disco when I was 15.

Very fond memories.

That's what this thread is for though and the other one for that matter! :)

Lol @ Spursmad, how many £'s have spent on 350's to make them sound like a sports cars. Must admit I wasn't blown away at first but they have grown on me.

My list is quite long

I don't like:

Audi's

VW's

Alfa's

Merc's

I don't know why, sure there are a few nice ones but just not for me, give me a Montego Turbo anyday :thumbs:

I'm on board about the E-type. Do not know what everyone sees in it tbh, bubble roof, silly long nose, ugly butt.

Probably requires a :ban: but there you go!

Oh, and whilst I'm getting a beasting :byebye: - Aston Martin's (modern ones that is) - JC touched on it last night, but I really do think they ALL look the same. Can't tell one from another - someone isn't trying hard enough in body-in-white!