K Sport - whats peoples thoughts ??

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All

Been thinking of dealing in these parts...

I want to be able to offer more affordable parts as some people don't want to spend the prices on the more high end products.

The likes of K Sport and Megan are towards the lower end price scale of performance parts.

Big brake kits

Coilovers

Lowering springs etc.

Of course I will still sell better more established brands but may cater for people on a tighter budget too considering current climate and value decrease of the Zed.

Anyone have any thoughts comments etc :shrug:

I loved mine :D Great stopping power compared to my brembo/ ferrodo/ slotted DBA,s previous

My mate ran AP's on his evo , on his new evo he now has k sports and says there just as good , he has updated the pads in them to a carbon version.

Paul

For what is worth. I have no issues with my Ksport BBK and after 2+years its still going strong and is the best upgrade on my car for track or fast road work.

The quality in the calliper and rotor is obvuois and the fitting/tolorances are spot on. Ally this to PF 01 race pads and you have a formidaible combo which has yet to see fade on the Ring and outbrakes lots of "better" brands.

I would be hesistant with coilovers because its a different ball game and unless you have big R+D budget and testing on individual vehicles the cheap coilovers tend to be generic and as such not perfect.

K sport does other cheap things like camber arms, harness and bucket seats which i would be more inclined to buy. Just my 2p.

But in the end there are only a few here who want these things, so it would have to be order only kind of deal. For instance Paul T has had his complete plug and play K sport BBK for sale at a very very reasonable prices of £1200-1300 and its still not sold :wacko: I would bite his hand off for this as i know what the kit can do!

from what i remember the K sport is a copy of the AP racing caliper, so it should be pretty good :thumbs:

= cheap knockoff :p

They just save the money by not having to do the R&D and having a big name. Most I have heard that run it seem to be impressed and they take AP discs I think when the K-Sport ones are shot.

Didn't people on here slag that k-sport stuff abit though? I'd rather see willwood to be honest. Have my mind set (more or less). Will probably end up costing loads in TCO but what the heck :lol:

The saving in R&D, they should have put that towards the sticker maker department :teeth: IMO looks naff as hell.

Theyre good, but isnt Bren @ Apex the K Sport man already?? :)

No sure anyone on here knows who Bren is though? Although he is a trader he appears to have only posted on here twice, hardly support for the forum huh?

Chris (Tarmac) has been a lot more proactive on here so I for one welcome the competition, especially from a very active trader. I know a few other traders also offer K-Sport including Mitz@CS.

Hangon a second, I remember members on here slating this setup? :wacko:

The only people I recall saying anything bad was Dcash and possibly Fiddy. Don't think anyone else has ??

It's really brand whores who don't like them. as for hard facts that they are better or worse than the originals they are copied form, I don't think i have ever seen any. if you don't mind a badge difference then I don't see why they are bad

I can vouch that Bren is sound and for suspension id consider BC's rather the k-sport. I bought a lot of the handling parts for my sprint impreza from Bren and always top service and decent value for money. I can give him a buzz if there is interest etc.

On the brakes front whilst k-sports are decent kit and are a lot cheaper than AP's you cant compare the 2 imho AP's are a the real deal and have far less flex basically you need an 8 pot k sport to do the same work as a 6 pot AP kit. As I said though k-sport kit isnt rubbish and is pound for pound a decent option.

Shame the ap's in my garage arent for 350z's :lol: .