Lakez drive out and alternatives.

Max is kindly looking after this and has a couple of routes under consideration.

How many people are up for this. Bear in mind that its the summer silly season so the central lakes will be very busy. Its an option too use the east of the M6 as this wont be as bad.

Comments. :)

There are plenty of other things to do such as this.

this

http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk/

connects with this.

http://www.windermere-lakecruises.co.uk/

About 15 minutes from the Heaves Hotel. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested if we can avoid traffic. Knowing what the roads are like up there, we will have to avoid the main Lakes as you suggest. I'd also vote for a shortish drive that we can do in the morning otherwise I'll get in trouble for dissapearing all day :dry:

I'm not planning on being in any state to drive haha. I now have 4 litres of jack d single barrel accompanying me haha.

Depending how I feel in the morning I might have a spin to test out my new nitrous install :yahoo:

I'm not planning on being in any state to drive haha. I now have 4 litres of jack d single barrel accompanying me haha.

Depending how I feel in the morning I might have a spin to test out my new nitrous install :yahoo:

the roads might be a little twisty to be testin that out like neil.

lookin forward to this meet like

Could have more than one drive, I know a good place for tea and biccies for a few intrepid souls... ;)

Also, if their is any interest in a wee MTB ride one afternoon, that could be arranged. Either BYO or hiring is possible.

Chris, not the best example but you get my drift.

Its not that I'll get in trouble, its more what she'll spend while I'm away. Wales was not a cheap trip :headhurt:

Fair point, my Mrs is very well behaved when it comes to shopping! :#1:

I'd be aiming for a drive at some point but am easy when - cos we're there for the week with Polly & Athol so we'll be doing sight seeing other days.

An evening drive is out on the Friday because folks will be arriving - Saturday evening most will be :drunk: and Sunday most will be heading away :shrug:

I think an early morning drive the Saturday morning may be best - as hardly anyone will be legal to drive early Sunday ;):lol:

a drive at dusk would be cool :drive1

+1 but we wouldn't be able to drink all day :shrug:

Am thinkin this could get pretty messy neil lol. Just aswell your hotel is near the site :lol::drunk::drunk::#1:

Must remember to pack my drinking trousers :drunk:

Im going to start on a sweepstake on what car I'll be in......I'll stick to the drinking. :lol:

Choices so far are;

VXR8

Pug 406 coupe

Corsa (courtesy car I finally got last week)

Megane (best mates)

Im going to start on a sweepstake on what car I'll be in......I'll stick to the drinking. :lol:

Choices so far are;

VXR8

Pug 406 coupe

Corsa (courtesy car I finally got last week)

Megane (best mates)

well i had a bet on with Lee you would have the r8 back about 5 weeks ago so i clearly lost that one. also means i wont be voting for it (shame as i havent seen it yet :( )

i reckon the megane, you will probably have a fair bit of stuff to take with you.

Neil who is the rest of the jack for....... as two shots and you will be fleaing :p;)

Haha I'm good for a litre of single barrel before i get in a state

The rest is for you :lol:

Oh really :nono: I'll bring my own Ardbeg then :p Just keep me away from tables ;):lol:

I'd be up for a drive but will suck it and see as to when :)

Neil who is the rest of the jack for....... as two shots and you will be fleaing :p;)

Haha I'm good for a litre of single barrel before i get in a state

The rest is for you :lol:

Oh really :nono: I'll bring my own Ardbeg then :p Just keep me away from tables ;):lol:

I'd be up for a drive but will suck it and see as to when :)

I'll sort you out with a nice surprise for looking after me at Wales matey I owe you big time for doing so much for me and nicole