How much do you think I would get?

Jay

I still need to swing it by the mrs :lol: I want a 370z and then put an amuse kit on it :blush: So it may mean having to trade it in :surrender:

Way to go Jay B) No shame in trading in, swings and roundabouts, they either take it off the ticket or add it on the trade in ;)

I got about £1500 on the parts I stripped out my RX, so on top of the trade in and ticket price drop, a couple of extras thrown in, it was all good :thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way i can see you selling it is to strip it back to standard, trade it in or put it to auction, either way i wouldnt be surprised if you got half of what you want for it given the way the market is at the moment.

there are alot of zeds for sale and big engined sports cars dont seem to be what people want in the current climate.

Now if you'd have wanted to sell up and I wasn't gonna be a dad! :teeth::thumbs::yahoo::#1:

I'd have swapped my Zed for yours Jay! :D

You'd get 10k easy for MY06 UKGT! Such a pity since Pumpkin is so gorgeous! :cloud9: IMO! :thumbs:

:offtopic: PS I'll be selling up in the next 6 months so if anyone's interested PM me! :thumbs: UKGT 45k £10-11k

Now if you'd have wanted to sell up and I wasn't gonna be a dad! :teeth::thumbs::yahoo::#1:

You'd get 10k easy for MY06 UKGT! Such a pity since Pumpkin is so gorgeous! :cloud9: IMO! :thumbs:

Stu congrats big guy :thumbs::thumbs: See thats exactly what I need is an enthusiast to like my zed and offer a px or even want to buy it :)

Cheers Gman ...... I might email a few nissan dealerships who have second hand 370's up for sale and try and do a part exchange and like you.... take a few bits and pieces off the zed to recoup the money :)

As I said am not in a major rush.... so I will wait and see what happens. I have done everything I wanted to do to my 350z so the 370z would be my next step :blush:

My mate has had is 54 plate JDM up for circa £10k or aaaaages and had no serious interest. It's got a lot of 'mainstream' mods such as Nismo kit, GT4 rims and DC exhaust etc, but still no luck.

All you can do is put it up for sale and see what happens. You may get lucky, it only takes one person to really want it!

In any climate,cars will always sell if priced right. I've been saying it for years on here,and I'm sure it'spissed people off, but in the vast majority of cases I've been proved right when cars haven't sold, modded cars have had to be stripped or prices dropped etc.

Lol, no surprise there then Ian. It is just way to much effort to strip the zed.. so will have it up in PH in the next few days or so :thumbs:

:surrender: at least wait til total jap show in July :lol:

That's when my number plate is coming off and getting it advertised

Stu congrats big guy :thumbs::thumbs: See thats exactly what I need is an enthusiast to like my zed and offer a px or even want to buy it :)

Cheers Jay! I'm well chuffed I'm gonna be a dad! :#1:

Any other circumstances and I'd have taken your hand off to swap Pumpkin for MY06! :thumbs:

Lol, no surprise there then Ian. It is just way to much effort to strip the zed.. so will have it up in PH in the next few days or so :thumbs:

:surrender: at least wait til total jap show in July :lol:

That's when my number plate is coming off and getting it advertised

I am only testing the waters just now Irfan... dont worry dude.... I will prob still be at the total jap show :thumbs:

in its modded state i think 7.5-8k is what it would shift at for a quicker sale.

dealers won't really take mods in to account on PX so they'd possibly only offer you 4.5 -6k on px

i put my S2000 back to stock and sold it in 7 days for the asking price. i didn't do that with my zed and had to px it and not for the amount i wanted.

at 10.5k i think you;ll still have the car at christmas. best of luck with what ever you choose to do and i hope you get your asking price. and new toy.

The rear and side skirts are in blade silver... but the front end has just got primer :thumbs: As everyone has said.... it will prob take time to sell but that doesnt bother tbh. I will just need to wait until the right buyer comes along. Its a hell of alot of car for 10k

Awesome car by the way and I love it! However I agree with the other comments. In reality unless someone is looking for exactly that car I doubt you'll get an offer of £10k. It's just the nature of moddifying a car. You can never expect to make reasonable money back on it.

Think it's more likely anyone in the market for a modded zed is going to go out and buy a £6k standard import, then spend £4k to get it exactly how they want it. Modding is a very personal thing.

Best of luck though and certainly not a bad deal if you can find the right buyer! :thumbs:

P.S Re not being in a rush to sell, waiting to get £10k for it. It will continue to depreciate, so the longer you wait the less it will be worth. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick upadate:

Been offered 9k for it but I am still unsure what to do lol....... I still feel its worth the 10k even tho you haters dont :lol::p

Would need to put 12 or 13k to it in order to get a 370z....... but am not sure the 370 is 13k better than my 350z :blush: Oh my head hurts :lol:

TBH, I would take the 9k if I were you. The market is very slow just now, people are struggling to get what they deserve for their car. It's a buyers market. Also I would always expect to haggle in a private sale, so someone offering you only 1k less than what you are after is pretty good in my eyes. I appreciate it's harder to see it this way as a seller, especially when you have spent so much money on the car.

Better than being offered 7.5k for your 06 GT Roadster! :rant:

It's worry 10k to u mate cos ur the one who's put the cash and effort towards it. We all know that no mods will add to the resale value tho. I know il be the same when I sell mine

I wouldn't sell it yet tho- u had more plans for it u can't sell an unfinished project :lol:

TBH, I would take the 9k if I were you. The market is very slow just now, people are struggling to get what they deserve for their car. It's a buyers market. Also I would always expect to haggle in a private sale, so someone offering you only 1k less than what you are after is pretty good in my eyes. I appreciate it's harder to see it this way as a seller, especially when you have spent so much money on the car.

Better than being offered 7.5k for your 06 GT Roadster! :rant:

+1

Think thats likely the best offer you'll get, heartbreaking though it is. However, if you want a 370Z you're better off holding onto your 350 for now because, although it will continue to depreciate, the 370 will depreciate more of it's value. Keep the 350, don't spend too much more on it and save some pennies, then in a year you'll have alot better deposit for a lower mileage 370. Make sense?

Hey guys and gals. I have decided to take my zed off the market........ but not for the reason you may think. :lol: My fiancee has convinced me to spend my cash elsewhere ( ie. on a bloody flat for us :surrender: ) Yes I know..... I know :lol:

However........ I have to say........ I have been offered 10k three times for my zed now so it just goes to show you that there are still people out there willing to pay good money for a modified zed :thumbs: I know many off you thought I would never get the asking price but I guess I just hoped that someone would love it as much I do.

So the 350z will be staying for a while longer..... possibly new seats just to annoy her and make me feel like I have got something out of it :lol:

That's it mate show her who's boss.....

....get the flat sorted asap :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seats for the car Jay? :lol: No hon...this is where you learn about a woman's capacity for buying soft furnishings ;) S'why I am permanently skint - I have the zed and a house with a serious cushion habit :blush:

Hey guys and gals. I have decided to take my zed off the market........ but not for the reason you may think. :lol: My fiancee has convinced me to spend my cash elsewhere ( ie. on a bloody flat for us :surrender: ) Yes I know..... I know :lol:

However........ I have to say........ I have been offered 10k three times for my zed now so it just goes to show you that there are still people out there willing to pay good money for a modified zed :thumbs: I know many off you thought I would never get the asking price but I guess I just hoped that someone would love it as much I do.

So the 350z will be staying for a while longer..... possibly new seats just to annoy her and make me feel like I have got something out of it :lol:

Pfft flats, engagement rings, weddings ...... Never heard of them.

Twin snails for me next year :#1:

Congrats on keeping it mate, get some nitrous and have some fun with it :thumbs:

Now that your being pussy whipped into keeping it, your gonna need a mortgage :teeth::p