Chasing a sound...

LordGrover

So... I come from a TVR background so am used to aural pr0n. My zed sounds like a hair-dryer as do most others I've seen/heard.

Can they be made to sound properly loud/aggressive or do they always retain the soft, muted sound?

Some of my favourites:

Oh God... a Red Rose... :cloud9:

Don't want to shatter any illusions, but I don't think a K1 will give you the sound you are after.

Listen to Tarmac...

Saying that, you will struggle anyway. the Zed is a GT car... nothing like a TreVoR.

.... just drive TVR's... NOTHING sounds, drives, feels like they do... B)

K1 ! Cant get much louder and meater sounding than that. Bit too loud tho I think!

I always found the K1 to be too quiet

:scare: ................you must stay away from those Motorhead Gigs......................they do nothing for your hearing (music is great though :p )

350z is never going to sound as good as a tvr. Lovely griffith I see occasionally on the way to work :cloud9:

As said, soft muted sound can be fixed by hfcs/test pipes. If you want obscenely loud, not saying good though:

I still like test pipes and the nismo cat back tbh:

Or greddy evo2, it almost has a v8 burble imo:

Oh and this is the sound i'm after when I get my hfcs fitted on the 6th :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/user/siberian57# ... 2CbUDGvZio

Who had the exhaust that sounded like a fighter plane at North Wales?

Some debate, I thought it was Sam's Supercharged Zed and some thought it was Octet's.... I was behind both of them and heard them both give it the beans up a hill from standing.... I still say it was Sam's :snack:

Both sounded loud and deep but then Bennett turned up :scare::headhurt:

According to JapSpeed website (JapSpeed.co.uk) the K1 is only good up to 2005 zeds; mine's 2007 (MY06).

+1 I've just returned my k1 to Japspeed because the centre pipe wouldn't fit without some serious modding and at £140 rather than £40 fitting it just isn't worth the £££!

By Nissan's own admitance they changed the exaust layout for a year between 05-06 then reverted back to the original setup after a year! :thumbs: