Whats you thoughts on the price of my Zed

JAMIE MOY

Whats the thoughts on the price that I am selling my 2008 350Z Roadster in twighlight grey was............. :surrender:

It's totally mint not a mark on it, has done 6,900 mls from new and always looked after............. :)

I'm not desperate in selling it as thats why I have only advertised it here, just wondered why I haven't had much interest. Is it because it is too high a price or is it that nobody has that kind of money. :shrug:

For a car with that low milage and in that good condition I don't think £16,995 is much to ask for but that's just my opinion a guess....... :thumbs:

i've seen a couple for 20k,thats only 3k more, problem is in 2years the 370 will be worth much more than your 350 , ide pay the extra 15% for the 370 , either way they will both be dropping value fast but the resale gap between 350-370 will grow imo .

As I'm sure you're already aware Jamie - you're looking at 15-16k at a dealer for a 2008 roadster with 30k on the clock - so really you should be able to aim for similar to that considering your mileage and mint condition :thumbs: - just depends if you're prepared to ride it out.

Not many will have this sort of cash though so as Liam says get it up on PH and AT and see if you get some more interest.

I do feel though that the comments about early 370z going for 3-4k more are unhelpful folks, you certainly wouldn't get a roadster at that sort of price and they are two completely different beasts :shrug:

I'd say your car is worth 15k max possibly a little less. With the price of petrol and tax the market is shrinking (IMO) for performance cars.

Why do you keep talking down the prices of zeds? What do you stand to gain by doing it if you already have one?

I'd say your car is worth 15k max possibly a little less. With the price of petrol and tax the market is shrinking (IMO) for performance cars.

Why do you keep talking down the prices of zeds? What do you stand to gain by doing it if you already have one?

I don't intentionally, but I'm on my second and spent a lot of time looking at them. I am more than happy to be proved wrong, the more money we get for our cars the better. But..i'm also a realist. He asked for opinion on price, i gave it - doesn't mean I'm right.

I just took a look on Parkers - 2008 58 plate GT spec £14800 but with 30k mileage.

Jamie,

The problem is getting someone to come and view the car, and to see how genuine it is if advertised at £16995.

If they came and viewed at that asking price, had a seat in the car and got a prolonged road test on a test route which was carefully planned, roof down, sun shining then it is doable.

Most like to haggle, so a final negotiated figure of £16500 will probably be your tops mate.

However on a bad day and in a forced sale situation, then you may be looking at 15K.

Also, depends where you are based at the time of sale as higher residuals will be achieved the further south you go although they do make strong money in Edinburgh and Aberdeen but a premium price may be easier achieved in the sunny South.

Saying that any Southern can easily jump on a plain and be in Scotland within a few hours.

GLWTS mate. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

• 6 months later...
Now have it for sale at a very reasonable £14,400 ono with 7,500 miles on the clock. surely thats a bargain lol. what do you lot think ???

It is :cold: Jamie and not a good time to be selling a rag top.

If it had been priced at 14K in the summer months then it would have been well gone.

Never mind it will soon be spring :thumbs:

GLWTS mate :thumbs:

Now have it for sale at a very reasonable £14,400 ono with 7,500 miles on the clock. surely thats a bargain lol. what do you lot think ???

I think your location may be the biggest factor mate, added to the fact that the Uk is just about to get covered in snow :cold:

I am product manager for dealer at Glass's guide if you want a Market price. Drop me a pm with ALL the details.

Not being funny but have you ever seen any cars for sale at the prices quoted in Glasses guide? The only thing that guide is good for is giving you a rough idea of the sort of price a dealer would pay for your car as a part ex.

For a market price, you need to check on ebay, local papers and autotrader to get an idea as to the sort of price people are advertising their cars for. Even then that doesnt tell you what the actual sold prices are.

Good car but dont think I would try to sell it until March. I think £13,400-14,000 should be its money as the miles are nice and low :thumbs:

£14k? Maybe... In the summer when I looked, the prices for 2007 roadsters at garages were £15k -> £16.5k with 25k on the clock. A 2008 should be a faction more, and the lower mileage should also increase its value. The biggest factor will be the time of year like others have said. Last year, from the figures I looked at, the roadsters were worth roughly 15% less over jan2011->march2011 than you would get selling the same car in June/July2011. I think what happens is over winter the roadsters seem to drop to similar prices to the coupe`s, then when its sunny they rise back up again and are more expensive than the coupe`s.

People will still buy in winter as they know they will get the car cheaper. Its just a question of whether you will accept less and a maybe sale now, or wait until summer hoping to get more. Of course, the car may sell easier in spring/summer next year, but by then it will be 2012, and the prices may have dropped a bit more anyway.

People say about the 370`s getting cheaper etc.. but people who want a 350 may not want a 370. I know im one of them.

Just to help - i just bought a 56 coupe gt spec with only 4k on the clock for £13k.

Not really comparable - different engine, different face, isn't a coupe :shrug:

Jamie that's an excellent price for your car now as it stands and as Alex says will soon be spring ;) GLWTS :thumbs:

I am product manager for dealer at Glass's guide if you want a Market price. Drop me a pm with ALL the details.

Not being funny but have you ever seen any cars for sale at the prices quoted in Glasses guide? The only thing that guide is good for is giving you a rough idea of the sort of price a dealer would pay for your car as a part ex.

For a market price, you need to check on ebay, local papers and autotrader to get an idea as to the sort of price people are advertising their cars for. Even then that doesnt tell you what the actual sold prices are.

Good car but dont think I would try to sell it until March. I think £13,400-14,000 should be its money as the miles are nice and low :thumbs:

£14k? Maybe... In the summer when I looked, the prices for 2007 roadsters at garages were £15k -> £16.5k with 25k on the clock. A 2008 should be a faction more, and the lower mileage should also increase its value. The biggest factor will be the time of year like others have said. Last year, from the figures I looked at, the roadsters were worth roughly 15% less over jan2011->march2011 than you would get selling the same car in June/July2011. I think what happens is over winter the roadsters seem to drop to similar prices to the coupe`s, then when its sunny they rise back up again and are more expensive than the coupe`s.

People will still buy in winter as they know they will get the car cheaper. Its just a question of whether you will accept less and a maybe sale now, or wait until summer hoping to get more. Of course, the car may sell easier in spring/summer next year, but by then it will be 2012, and the prices may have dropped a bit more anyway.

People say about the 370`s getting cheaper etc.. but people who want a 350 may not want a 370. I know im one of them.

Roadster prices do not go up in the summer. Almost all cars depreciate.

Roadsters may not depreciate as much as Coupe's in the summer but they still depreciate.

Jamie is selling his car for £14.4k now, in 6 months time the car will be six months older and therefore worth less, not more because it is sunny.

Only high end car prices will fluctate according to seasons.

Anyone telling Jamie to keep it for another six months needs to think about:

6 months road tax: £200 or so

Insurance: £300 for example

Depreciation: £200 a month roughly x 6

Servicing, MOT's and consumables.

Before you know it, it's cost you well over £2k to keep it in the 'hope' that you get a buyer in the spring.....

Roadster prices do not go up in the summer. Almost all cars depreciate.

Roadsters may not depreciate as much as Coupe's in the summer but they still depreciate.

Jamie is selling his car for £14.4k now, in 6 months time the car will be six months older and therefore worth less, not more because it is sunny.

Only high end car prices will fluctate according to seasons.

Anyone telling Jamie to keep it for another six months needs to think about:

6 months road tax: £200 or so

Insurance: £300 for example

Depreciation: £200 a month roughly x 6

Servicing, MOT's and consumables.

Before you know it, it's cost you well over £2k to keep it in the 'hope' that you get a buyer in the spring.....

Well we will have to disagree with your first point. Last year when I kept a close eye on the Roadsters the prices went up over summer which is why I bought mine in the early Spring this year, and sure enough after buying mine, I noticed prices increase. The year before when my missus was thinking of selling her Peugeot 206 CC, I also noticed the prices went up over summer for that car also.

The 2nd point you mention, surely he will have those same costs if he sold it now and bought another car? i.e. insurance, tax, mot etc... Those will only be an extra factor here if he decides to keep it as a second car sitting on his drive until the spring and therefore incurs an extra expenditure as a result.

To be honest, I think in order to sell it now at this time of year he will have to sell it for such a low price that he will be better off keeping it and selling it next year.

Alternatively, trading it in maybe an option.

Well we will have to disagree with your first point. Last year when I kept a close eye on the Roadsters the prices went up over summer which is why I bought mine in the early Spring this year, and sure enough after buying mine, I noticed prices increase. The year before when my missus was thinking of selling her Peugeot 206 CC, I also noticed the prices went up over summer for that car also.

1. realistically how much did they go up? As Sarnie said theres another 6months age to come on the car

2. The 370z roadster is now in full swing on the market now, & in March the early ones are likely to be down to about 21k

Perhaps the car should have been on the market in the summer at the right price.

Priced correctly I`m sure someone will buy it or trade it in. My mate has just bought a Z4m soft top 2weeks ago

Admittedly convertibles are sure to sell better in the summer months but not increase in value, I have an SLK I`m restoring over the winter to hopefully sell when the sun shines next year

Why dont you just trade it in?

Because I have been given stupid prices like 10,000 etc..... I know it's not the right time of year but that's giving it away with the condition and low milege it has, and to know that the dealer will put it on the forecourt for a lot more makes my stomach turn lol