Whats you thoughts on the price of my Zed

JAMIE MOY

Well we will have to disagree with your first point. Last year when I kept a close eye on the Roadsters the prices went up over summer which is why I bought mine in the early Spring this year, and sure enough after buying mine, I noticed prices increase. The year before when my missus was thinking of selling her Peugeot 206 CC, I also noticed the prices went up over summer for that car also.

Admittedly convertibles are sure to sell better in the summer months but not increase in value

:thumbs:

If Roadster prices went up in the summer I'd be stock piling them in January (as the prices have gone down) and selling them for profit in June ;)

Well we will have to disagree with your first point. Last year when I kept a close eye on the Roadsters the prices went up over summer which is why I bought mine in the early Spring this year, and sure enough after buying mine, I noticed prices increase. The year before when my missus was thinking of selling her Peugeot 206 CC, I also noticed the prices went up over summer for that car also.

Admittedly convertibles are sure to sell better in the summer months but not increase in value

If Roadster prices went up in the summer I'd be stock piling them in January (as the prices have gone down) and selling them for profit in June ;)

Well maybe I was very mistaken when i looked at selling my missus`s car, but the prices I looked at definitely did go up. And again, when I looked at zed roadsters last year, they were more expensive in the summer months. And likewise, when I bought mine in Spring this year, the prices I saw on autotrader for similar spec zeds to mine, in June were 15% more than what I paid for mine in the Spring.

Like I said we will have to disagree, as it sounds all your research into roadster prices are giving you different results to the ones I saw.

As a side note, i just googled "convertible price rise in sunmmer" and there seems to be loads of articles about how convertibles go up in value over summer, such as this one:

http://conversation.which.co.uk/transpo ... ing-in-uk/

Which mentions a glasses guide on auction prices where convertibles went up in value by 16% from Spring to Summer. And some of the other links seem to suggest convertibles go up in price by 20% in the summer months.

http://www.convertiblecarmagazine.com/u ... is-summer/

Says that carsite.co.uk website saw the prices of the mx5 (for example) increase by 18% in the summer months in 2010.

So maybe you should start stockpiling them ready for the summer months.

I think the point is you have less chance of getting a reduction in price on a convertible in the summer. Sun's out, they sell easy. Middle of winter with snow of the ground they are harder to shift and you are in the driving seat....... :drive1:drive1

Well maybe I was very mistaken when i looked at selling my missus`s car, but the prices I looked at definitely did go up. And again, when I looked at zed roadsters last year, they were more expensive in the summer months. And likewise, when I bought mine in Spring this year, the prices I saw on autotrader for similar spec zeds to mine, in June were 15% more than what I paid for mine in the Spring.

Like I said we will have to disagree, as it sounds all your research into roadster prices are giving you different results to the ones I saw.

As a side note, i just googled "convertible price rise in sunmmer" and there seems to be loads of articles about how convertibles go up in value over summer, such as this one:

http://conversation.which.co.uk/transpo ... ing-in-uk/

Which mentions a glasses guide on auction prices where convertibles went up in value by 16% from Spring to Summer. And some of the other links seem to suggest convertibles go up in price by 20% in the summer months.

http://www.convertiblecarmagazine.com/u ... is-summer/

Says that carsite.co.uk website saw the prices of the mx5 (for example) increase by 18% in the summer months in 2010.

So maybe you should start stockpiling them ready for the summer months.

I agree with the sentiment but logically it's rubbish.

Roadsters will naturally sell easier and quicker in the summer. But do they go up in value? I can't see it. I would say that the price it is in the summer is the right price and then seller knows they are going to struggle over winter so they lower the price. If the same car is still for sale the next summer and they increase the price to the price it was the previous summer, has the car gone up in value?

This thread is a perfect example. Jamie's car was up for £16.5k over the summer and now £14.4k. If Roadster go up by 20% then surely it will be worth nearly £18k by next summer??? On that logic, Roadsters would be virtually depreciation proof.

The only convertibles that I have seen that legitmately rise and fall with seasons are Lambo's and Ferrari's.

I agree with the sentiment but logically it's rubbish.

Roadsters will naturally sell easier and quicker in the summer. But do they go up in value? I can't see it. I would say that the price it is in the summer is the right price and then seller knows they are going to struggle over winter so they lower the price. If the same car is still for sale the next summer and they increase the price to the price it was the previous summer, has the car gone up in value?

This thread is a perfect example. Jamie's car was up for £16.5k over the summer and now £14.4k. If Roadster go up by 20% then surely it will be worth nearly £18k by next summer??? On that logic, Roadsters would be virtually depreciation proof.

The only convertibles that I have seen that legitmately rise and fall with seasons are Lambo's and Ferrari's.

Well like I said, we will have to agree to disagree. Your research appears to be different to what Glasses, Carsite and the other numerous websites are saying and I noticed myself.

Virtually all cars depreciate year in year out. I would not expect Jamies car to be worth next summer than it was this summer. :lol: But, I would expect a garage to sell it for more money in June than they would get in the Jan / Feb. So, if it was worth 16.5k this last summer, it may well be worth 15k next summer, and maybe 13k over this coming Dec / Jan.