Do I stay or do I go now, na na na naa naa!

Cookbot

I few of you will know that I lost my job a while back and have basically been milling around scratching my balls looking for something to do for the last year! (hence the mirror relays/ Dash computer) I'm now getting ready to make my big move and I'm struggling to decide not what to do, but where to do it?

I pretty much have the option of staying in the Uk or more to the point of this post.... Hong Kong. Has anyone ever lived there or at least experienced it? From a lot of what I've read on the internet, it's really really good, the pays better, the tax is less etc.

This does however mean I have to sell not just the Z, but pretty much everything I own.

Cookie

Not been there but have lots of family and friends that have lived out there. Not heard a single bad thing said about it to be honest. Clean, better opportunities, better quality of living.

More than anything it sounds like a great life opportunity! I'd go for it! :thumbs:

Never lived there, but spent alot of time in Kowloon when I used to work deep sea.

I absolutely love the place. But that more from a touristy point of view (or a sailors point of view who aint been ashore or seen a woman for 2 months!)

i spent 4 months there when my older bro was living there and i loved it.

my bro and his wife loved living there too.

if i were you i would go for it. :thumbs:

you could even buy a zed there and you would literally only use it for fun as you don't really need a car there.

if you do have a car make sure you look for "route twisk"

Route Twisk <-clicky

I grew up there and loved it. Work are currently deciding whether we stay UK 24x7x365 shift based or move to a follow the sun model - if we go follow the sun I'd be moving to HK again also. If I was you I'd rent out your property over here and go over... if you decide you don't like it you always have a backup plan but I doubt that will be the case... go go go go go go...

Haydn.

Do it!

If you don't you will only think I wonder what would have happened if I had gone to hong-kong?

This could be a great break for you..

What can you lose?

The worst that can happen is you have to come home minus your 350z and a bit of cash in the bank.

You will only have regrets if you don't give it a shot.

No discussion.

Go for it!

Chris

We've had a bit of a function in the mess tonight and the vote also seems to be "do it you tool". It's not as though I'm taking a pay drop to go, its actually a rise as It's $96,000 per month working for Cathy Pacific, but then again, it's not all about money in the end. happiness comes a world further ahead than material things.

It would only be a minimum of 5 years out there anyway and girlfriendless have nothing holding me here, so will probably go for it.

A fairly one sided vote there from the forum!!!

We've had a bit of a function in the mess tonight and the vote also seems to be "do it you tool". It's not as though I'm taking a pay drop to go, its actually a rise as It's $96,000 per month working for Cathy Pacific, but then again, it's not all about money in the end. happiness comes a world further ahead than material things.

It would only be a minimum of 5 years out there anyway and girlfriendless have nothing holding me here, so will probably go for it.

A fairly one sided vote there from the forum!!!

is that hk$? cos you know that isnt a great wage if it is? yeah, £7500 a year :scare:

if its USD or GBP and you the wrong sign then that is sweet.

I get your point about happiness but believe me, 5 years there you would be happy. I might be able to get you on a football team too if you play.

:surrender: if you can go... put it in the 100 things I want to do before I die, move anywhere is a great thing to have done (outside of your own country) opens the eyes a bit :teeth:

But don't watch the "Bucket List" :lol:

Hey go for it, had the chance to go to Canada as a young man, never did it, regretted it for ever. :thumbs: