My other car Huge update!

iain10101

The focus has had a little bit of a treat recently. As our daily driver she gets used and abused so i gave her a full valet then I ordered this little lot....

254aa9b4.jpg

Miltek downpipe and 200cell sports cat inc new lamda, uprated radtek intercooler, eibach sports springs, Auto solutions CAIS inc Chrome ECU cover, RS plugs, 650cc injectors

Before

da126b4b.jpg

After

d1f6d4b2.jpg

4e153f5d.jpg

Then i decided to have the grills, fogs and rear duffuser sprayed satin black...

stblack034.jpg

stblack037.jpg

stblack033.jpg

2 weekends and under 1k spent in all. Should have got me well over the 320bhp mark as the car already had been mapped. Cheap modding and she looks a little different than the standard ST now.

What do you think good and bad????

Edited by iain10101

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since there is a few peeps interested in the ST I thought id update.

Went to Jamsport MK last weekend and had a few bits done, ish.......

Uprated oil cooler, RS Injectors, Mountune Catback exhaust, denso plugs and a few tweaks.......

And a savage remap!!!

410d9c7e.jpg

9c4a95e2.jpg

Since then I have had a Forge Actuator fitted and a forge recirc valve and am feeling a huge difference, Will get on RR soon but hoping for 325+BHP and 450+lb/ft and she is still very drivable. Wifey drives the car normally.... sensibly..... Well almost, you know what i mean. I know she loves the curbs though!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Is the Diff standard? How does it cope?

I have driven a 400bhp focus RS (in the wet) and it was spinning and torque steering even with all the fancy diff stuff going on. Very nice and sedate car off boost though.

• 2 years later...

Prior to taking the car to Devils the car had been to the bodyshop for a complete respray and a new rear suspension assembly. New RS wheels and new goodyear F1 boots. So looked mint on the outside so deserved of a new heart so to speak.

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

This left the front wishbones, polybushes, a+k tie rod ends and camber adjust lower ball joints, driveshafts, RS internals, block mod, cambelt, oil, coolant, intercooler with big boost pipes, group A filter, crossover pipe, RS turbo, complete set of silicone hoses, oil breather kit, anembo plenum, 750cc injectors, RS Clutch and Quaife diff, Full RS sensors inc ABS module, 1.8 bar boost pod, plus i probably forgot loads and finally the Revo 4+ map onto RS ecu.........................

old and new intercooler

5329DACD-1548-4092-9A42-85C7E3A4E169.jpg

New shiny plenum and intercooler

DSC00511.jpg

750cc injectors

DSC00504.jpg

Air filter is huge

DSC00510.jpg

Engine out and Checking liners for cracks and then block mod to safeguard the future of my engine.

B837FC4B-D86E-43F1-AEBD-0C7390724509.jpg

Wow that was hard work thinking about whats been done let alone fitting it all!.

So onto the results...........

Holy shiny xcensored.gif.pagespeed.ic.7W_7mHCLht.png bags!!! Amazing, no other words for it!

Firstly I noticed a Lower pitched grumble from the exhaust, and the sound of the Group A getting ready to suck in a small child!

Then onto the drive,

Unbelievable!

The clutch has made a huge difference especially with the diff. It was slightly wet and I gave her a little welly, well a lot actually and damn! No wheel spin it just put the power down on the road. I was shocked completely. 0-oops in literally seconds.

She now corners like shes on rails, No wobble from the old bushes and driveshafts as i remembered. Point and Shoot!

The power is not majorly aggressive but properly strong. Hard to explain really, instant power when you put the foot down and she pulls and pulls and pulls a bit more......... With no loss of traction to speak of.

The drive home, for as long as i remember with no wobbles vibrations etc, was a total pleasure! and quite quick too! lol

The Power is now just under 430 Bhp and 500lb/ft.

She went in with just under 320 bhp and 410lb/ft

So massive gains!

0D8515D7-074C-49C7-85B6-F0F9BDA6F2E9.jpg

I still have to go back for a final tweak to the Map and the SPS. And after some issues with the Cheap ebay recirc valve??? GRRRRRR Im gonna have to get a forge one! and finally swap out the brake lines and fluids that there wasn't enough time to complete.

So all in all im a very happy bunny and to be honest there is very little of the original mechanical parts left! lol

Thanks for looking and if anyone wants to know anymore please ask.