The addresses insurers won’t touch and why...

Adrian@TORQEN

Stuart Lea saw his annual motor insurance premium with Direct Line jump from £800 to £1,100 when it came up for renewal this year.

Mr Lea shopped around for a better deal using comparison website Moneysupermarket, securing an annual policy for £670 from Admiral.

So basically insurers are doing what they always do with renewals and try to screw you over but you can save if you actually put the effort into looking elsewhere :bangin:

We have laws against racial/religious profiling, but it seems county/area profiling is acceptable.

As for automatic renewal prices being over the odds, its the same in just about every industry. If the customer just sits back and lets it happen, then the companies are going to take advantage of the lazy. :shrug:

If the customer just sits back and lets it happen, then the companies are going to take advantage of the lazy. :shrug:

and so they should, if you dont care about your money i'm sure someone else will care for it instead ;)

To me it's like saying: If someone burglars your house and steal the £300.00 left in the living room on the coffee table is RIGHT, because you did not put them in a safe or in a bank account...

and so they should, if you dont care about your money i'm sure someone else will care for it instead ;)

Oh fantastic!

I've got a PE (peterborough) postcode although I'm actually in Norfolk. It's black on that map while the rest of Norfolk is green! :dry:

I wonder if its coincidence that the worst areas appear to be those with increasing non 'British' communities? :snack:

To me it's like saying: If someone burglars your house and steal the £300.00 left in the living room on the coffee table is RIGHT, because you did not put them in a safe or in a bank account...

No, thats nothing like the same thing.

What the insurers are doing with renewals is just like any other business, if customers are too lazy to shop around, then why not exploit that? Its not like they are forcing you to renew at the automatic prices they churn out.

You should see it in the energy sector, some companies automatic renewal prices are more than double the going rate. Ive seen companies go to the wall because of the prices of automatic renewals. Also, you need to provide termination notice on commercial energy contracts to avoid the rollover, if you dont give the supplier the appropriate notice (and some can require as much as 5 months, or have a window as tight as 2 weeks), then tough - you get the rollover prices for the next 12 months at least, and sometimes 24. Oh and in some cases they have no obligation to let you know when its time to give notice - its up to you to remember.

Compared to that, the renewal process of car insurance seems pretty reasonable.

Oh fantastic!

I've got a PE (peterborough) postcode although I'm actually in Norfolk. It's black on that map while the rest of Norfolk is green! :dry:

I wonder if its coincidence that the worst areas appear to be those with increasing non 'British' communities? :snack:

make sure you vote for the NF on the 5th of May :thumbs:

I can vouch for the fact that the Wirral and North Cheshire fraud black spot is due to scousers not immigrants :p

They are so discriminative that they've just missed off Scotland and Northern Ireland completely! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

they didn't have a grading high enough for those areas; i hear those scots would take candy from a baby and sell your grandmother, all for just a buckfast. ;)

They are so discriminative that they've just missed off Scotland and Northern Ireland completely! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

they didn't have a grading high enough for those areas; i hear those scots would take candy from a baby and sell your grandmother, all for just a buckfast. ;)

Thats just the select weegies and the scheemies (as they call them in Edinburgh.) Up North where I am we are too busy chasing sheep to molest to worry about Buckfast! :thumbs: Just don't ask us for anything, we'll never give you it! ;)

Im actually starting to question this story that fraudulent claims are causing the rise.

Why would a company pay out on a claim they know to be fraudulent...

Also - with the fine being £200 then there is hardly a deterent. £200 fine plus car confiscated, and £100 to get it back = £300 down and six points. Of course the points mean naff all if you arent going to bother insuring the car anyway...

I can see why there is an increase to be honest - but the insurance companies only have themselves to blame for having ridiculously high prices in the first place. If all these uninsured drivers, fraudulent claims and injury claims add only £120 to car insurance prices, why are they going up by several hundred?....

Its all a load of BS and the insurance companies are in on it.

I still don't understand why something that is required by law is not regulated properly (in my opinion) and is provided by private profit making companies.

If it's a legal requirement then it should be a fixed cost per year.

That map is a bit generalised, apart from The Wirral, Chester and Deeside conglomerations, 90% of my "black" area is just smallish country towns and villages. I only pay £500 insurance on my CH7 postcode but I bet The folks in CH1 (Chester) or CH41 (Birkenhead :scare: ) will get hammered.

Pete

• 1 month later...
That map is a bit generalised, apart from The Wirral, Chester and Deeside conglomerations, 90% of my "black" area is just smallish country towns and villages. I only pay £500 insurance on my CH7 postcode but I bet The folks in CH1 (Chester) or CH41 (Birkenhead :scare: ) will get hammered.

Pete

I'm CH3 and have had two quotes thusfar in the £850 region - I'm (nearly) 28 and been driving since 17 but I've always been a named driver so no proper 'no claims' in my name - I'm pretty pleased with those quotes to be fair. I'm only 3 miles from Chester city centre too.