accident damage 370z

350 Russ

It may not look bad, but they never drive the same after an accident. I got T boned in my last car and it was repaired well but never was quite the same to drive. Whilst it looks like body work damage you just can tell if the chassis is bent underneath. It must have had a fair whack as the air bag has been deployed judging by the state of the steering wheel.

Might be worth a punt for someone who's brave. It is very cheap!

Been advertised by same seller before. Obviously a "story" car.

Buy a Cat D damaged 370z for £9,000 pull it a bit straighter and sell it again for £12,000 no warranty no comeback.

Nice little earner.

Look at his neg feedback for the £8,700 car he mis described,

As previous poster said, could cost you £5,000 to repair and end up with a car that's difficult to sell and never going to be right..

So to "temted" poster advice would be to take your £12,500 to a dealer plus a bit of finance and get yourself a proper one!!

BEWARE BEWARE.

If that's the case then definitely avoid.

Personally, I would never (knowingly) buy a crash damaged car as it's more hassle than it's worth and they're never the same after a serious accident. I'm guessing there might also be some insurance problems if it's been previously declared a cat C/D write off or whatever.

if i had space to break a car, i'd be tempted, and split it for spares,

Engine and box £2500

Wheels £2000

Airbags £1500

Interior £1000

Body Panels £1500

lights £500

Suspension £800

Other bits £2000

You MIGHT just break even at £12,500 IMHO

if it was a 350z i'd kind of agree,

but i think the parts on the 70 are possibly worth more.

its all hyperthetical anyway as i don't have the space or the inclination at the moment to do it. if i was i;d be paying less than 12k for it as well.

That is a rare 'Ultimate' example - interior (and if seats not damaged by air bags) would attract a premium.

I see the bonnet has 'popped' - I remember the price to fix that arrangement on a GTR a while back went into 5 figures for that fix alone, if I remember rightly. That is the one thing that concerns me with even a small tap on the front end.

So part strip may be the best option but no doubt ZMANALEX or R35LEE will have checked it out ;)

Husky said..

lights £500 youd get more than double that for those parts.

Sorry Husky, that was just for the back lights. One front gone, wasn't counting other incase damaged.

All I'm saying to any one is take a damn good look at it before buying.

Have a look at chocohercules posts for parts for a 350 roadster he seems to have bought damaged.

Started off saying it was a "light front end. subsequent posts mention not being able to get it running and a SMASHED SUMP :scare:

Husky said..
lights £500 youd get more than double that for those parts.

Sorry Husky, that was just for the back lights. One front gone, wasn't counting other incase damaged.

All I'm saying to any one is take a damn good look at it before buying.

Have a look at chocohercules posts for parts for a 350 roadster he seems to have bought damaged.

Started off saying it was a "light front end. subsequent posts mention not being able to get it running and a SMASHED SUMP :scare:

ahh gotcha

If you already break cars it would have been an ok deal if it went for a low price. for some random person to buy i agree with the "use that money + finance for a new one" option.

That is a rare 'Ultimate' example - interior (and if seats not damaged by air bags) would attract a premium.

I see the bonnet has 'popped' - I remember the price to fix that arrangement on a GTR a while back went into 5 figures for that fix alone, if I remember rightly. That is the one thing that concerns me with even a small tap on the front end.

So part strip may be the best option but no doubt ZMANALEX or R35LEE will have checked it out ;)

The bonnet has raised on one edge, doesn't look too bad. I think the damage on the GTR you're making reference to is a lot different, that's the pedestrian safety device. As far as I know our cars don't have that, do they?

They do mate, I thnk Abbey has a thread somewhere that states they can disable the function without causing a CEL/warning, by ressetting it.

Her'es the blurb on it,

"The "pop-up engine hood" technology, a new safety technology developed by Nissan Motor Company Ltd., has been incorporated into the 370Z with the aim of reducing head impact injuries in the event of a pedestrian collision. The concept of the pop-up hood is based on a very simple principle: to help minimise serious head injury by creating more space to avoid collision with hard objects. In the case of a car-pedestrian collision, the engine hood is designed to pop-up instantly to help create a protective buffer space between the hood and the engine components underneath. Upon impact with a pedestrian and based on the severity of that impact, a sensor incorporated in the bumper activates the pop-up control-unit, which in turn will trigger an explosive actuator that raises the hood"

They do mate, I thnk Abbey has a thread somewhere that states they can disable the function without causing a CEL/warning, by ressetting it.

Her'es the blurb on it,

"The "pop-up engine hood" technology, a new safety technology developed by Nissan Motor Company Ltd., has been incorporated into the 370Z with the aim of reducing head impact injuries in the event of a pedestrian collision. The concept of the pop-up hood is based on a very simple principle: to help minimise serious head injury by creating more space to avoid collision with hard objects. In the case of a car-pedestrian collision, the engine hood is designed to pop-up instantly to help create a protective buffer space between the hood and the engine components underneath. Upon impact with a pedestrian and based on the severity of that impact, a sensor incorporated in the bumper activates the pop-up control-unit, which in turn will trigger an explosive actuator that raises the hood"

I stand corrected then :lol: in that case yes that is somewhat of a concern in purchasing that car.