My New Zed

seech

Afternoon all,

Thought I would get a pic up of the best-coloured, 313 GT that I bought 2 weeks ago.

So far, I have loved every minute of it. Apart from the fuel consumption. Somehow managing to spend far in excess of what I had budgeted, and I am driving it pretty conservatively. <300 mile range on a full tank sound about right? Ah well. Sht happens. I think most of it gets burnt off to produce that sound!

2 probs I have noticed.

1. There is a big fag burn in the headlining above the driver's head - any fixes for this?

2. I have mentioned this before, but the transmission seems to wobble firmly at 80+ mph. Hard to describe really. Don't want to keep speeding to catalogue when the prob occurs. I know it has been mentioned on her before about the 5th gear being a palm-shaker, but I think it was doing it in 6th too. I have a year's warranty from Nissan, so I can take it back if necessary (it's just a long way). I just don't know if I am being ridiculously over-cautious or not.

Anyone else suffer with this?

350z.jpg

Very nice :thumbs: .

No idea about the headlining, maybe if you :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: they'll be able to help.

I'm not sure what the transmission wobble is all about, might be worth getting the wheels balanced though.

Pete

1. There is a big fag burn in the headlining above the driver's head - any fixes for this?

Try leathertech.co.uk.

They are based in crewe and did a cigarette burn on a friend's car on a cloth seat. Very impressed. worth a try for the headlining rather than take whole thing out. Or even suggest dealer contributes???

I'm not sure what the transmission wobble is all about, might be worth getting the wheels balanced though.

+1, I'd say 9 times out of 10 vibration through the steering wheel when driving at specific speeds is due to badly balanced wheels, those weights can fall off fairly easily... or the tyres were last changed at quick fit. :p

:wave: Nice motor.

As said above most wobbles are caused by wheels not being properly balanced or brake discs not being true. However these are usually felt through the steering wheel/brake pedal first.

If its just your gear stick, and its severe, maybe the prop shaft could need balancing? Although I've not heard of anyone needing that on the z33 yet.

I did think at first it may be the wheels. But I can only feel it through the gear lever, everything else feels tight.

Obviously, when you press and depress the accelerator, you can feel the transmission engaging the load, but then past 80/90mph it turns into a wobble.

OK - so having driven a few more motorway miles now I can see that above 80/90 or so the car wobbles. I feel it most through the transmission, although putting it in neutral leaves the car with the same wobbly feel.

Kind of relieved as I thought it was a transmission prob but now I am guessing it is the back tyres.

It feels the same up to 120 - I don't normally do this speed but I had to just demonstrate to Mr RX-8 this morning that a 350Z was far superior. Talk about linear acceleration. No drop off in pull! Never normally exceed 75mph as I can feel the forecourts slowly pulling my wallet out of my pocket, sniggering.

Anyway. Car is booked in with a local Nissan dealer (under extended warranty) for them to take a look at. However, I have been told on the phone that they won't drive the car above the national speed limit. I completely understand this - but how could they diagnose the problem if they don't hit 80+? They could go straight for a wheel rebalance but if this doesn't solve it, then I guess I will have to drive all the way back to the garage and take them for a ride.

Massive problem > I am getting a Nissan MICRA courtesy car. I begged. Pleaded. Do they not know I will get torn apart at work?