Posting once locked

Husky

Can there please be a rule where no one, including mods and admin can post in a locked thread unless it is to say "locked" or "unlocked" it happens time to time and its crap that one side can speak while the other can't.

I'm sure i'm not the only person that gets cheesed off by the lower forms of life not being able to post.

That is all :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can there please be a rule where no one, including mods and admin can post in a locked thread unless it is to say "locked" or "unlocked" it happens time to time and its crap that one side can speak while the other can't.

I'm sure i'm not the only person that gets cheesed off by the lower forms of life not being able to post.

That is all :)

+1 for obvious reasons

Oh and a couple of people have PMed me saying that they can't see what I have said or done wrong?

Damn... can't lock the thread so nobody can comment :rant:

WHilst I agree with Husky on this one, what I am sick of is the current spate of childishness on this forum (not aimed at any specific members).

I read some of these threads, and just want to tell people to grow the f*** up.

But , this is an age old debate - plebs v mods. There will never be a winner, and this forum is much much better than any I have been involved in.

Try posting anything untoward on a pistonheads thread! The HSV forum has had 2 members banned in the past week purely for trying to warn members about a dodgy trader.

This forum is a friendly, well bantered place. But the mods have a job to do. But they also have a responsibility to do it with respect for the members of the site.

I sometimes think that this has been forgotten by some mods.

While I agree that posts should not be contributed to after a lock, unless the post is adding any further usefull information to the closed topic, it is a quirk of the software that the "locked" icon does not appear to mods or admin when a topic is locked, the fast reply button remains active.

Sometimes this does allow us to post accidentally by clicking this button before reading the last post and realising that the thread is actually locked.

Im not saying this happens in all cases, and Im sure that I will have replied after a topic is locked before now, but this is one possible reason for it happening.

Sorry guys, we do try and avoid this as much we can, but the team still see the Fast Reply box even when a thread is locked and skim reading threads, you dont always spot that this is the case.

Can we all take a chill pill while the team try to catch up on these threads please? Contrary to popular belief, some of us do have day jobs and other responsibilities to take care of than just the forum ;)

EDIT: Chris beat me to it!

While I agree that posts should not be contributed to after a lock, unless the post is adding any further usefull information to the closed topic, it is a quirk of the software that the "locked" icon does not appear to mods or admin when a topic is locked, the fast reply button remains active.

Sometimes this does allow us to post accidentally by clicking this button before reading the last post and realising that the thread is actually locked.

Im not saying this happens in all cases, and Im sure that I will have replied after a topic is locked before now, but this is one possible reason for it happening.

no worries, just wanted to point out it was frustrating for us lot really. no un holy forum war here just putting my hand in the air asking a question of sorts.

I don't like the petty stuff either :( seen it all before really.

and this forum is much much better than any I have been involved in.

so very true! i hate pistonheads with a passion and i only started one thread with a genuine question :surrender:

It wasn't the one about 'lubricant' was it?!?! :lol:

I told you Dave, I dont just show it to anyone.

But as I am in the picture too surely I have some say on who I show it to?

no, the public are already fully aware of your activities so the picture will be no surprise there, my part is to remain secret. The "greased ninja" is only for special occasions... i've already said to much :disguise:

i saw it had gone too.

i saw the original posts and was impressed with myself, as for once i didn't post in something where i would most likely have upset people and got in trouble. i just shut it down and logged off.

i think that was very grown up of me, :lol:

after that i didn't look any more; anyone want to give me the brief and clean run down on what i missed. :shrug: did any one get banned; or has anyone thrown their toys out of the pram in a pre maddona fashion?

We're looking into it. All is in hand with the team. If it has been moved/deleted it will have been done for good reason (or perhaps finger troubles!)

It seems deleting when locked has occurred. What happened to the original thread?

Try and keep it on topic guys ;)