Trance Music...... on a Acoustic Guitar...

DoogyRev

Thats awesome! my question is, why's he dressed like raiden off mortal kombat?

:shrug: he seems to have that hat on in most of the videos on youtube, and I have seen one where he has a weird mask on with a strange nose :shrug: ...... each to their own

Good on the guitar though B)

Ok so all you guitar fans.. how to do it: Set a slight destortion and reverb on your pedal..... and also put compression on the strings with your hand so it has the same sound even if you hit them hard or soft. The trick is the delay pedal... basically you want to hit two notes and then a third comes after it as a "delay note". I am pretty sure there is a flange used in this aswell but...... I guess its not essential :blush::lol:

So now its practice practice practice. That's my wee take on it anyway. I am off to try and master it ........ I may be a while :lol::thumbs:

Ok so all you guitar fans.. how to do it: Set a slight destortion and reverb on your pedal..... and also put compression on the strings with your hand so it has the same sound even if you hit them hard or soft. The trick is the delay pedal... basically you want to hit two notes and then a third comes after it as a "delay note". I am pretty sure there is a flange used in this aswell but...... I guess its not essential :blush::lol:

So now its practice practice practice. That's my wee take on it anyway. I am off to try and master it ........ I may be a while :lol::thumbs:

I can keep them entertained with your playing while you master the trance geeeetar! ;)

That's good to know :blush::lol: Now go and get yourself that guitar that we have talked about for ages. You will need something to annoy jayne with...... after the wedding.......... and what better than a guitar on a big amp :band::lol:

OK so here is my wee version of a "tranceish... rock" version. I spent about an hour trying to figure out the right sound for it. I dont have the backing beat version that the mortal kombat guy has :lol: But its just me playing about on the old ggeeeeettttaaarr.

SO lets see your version guys :thumbs::band:

th_Capture_20110327_1.jpg

The guy has picking skills...

but it just shows that Trance is as boring on an acoustic as it is on anything/everything else...

:yawn:

You old fuddy dudy....... broaden your horizons and enjoy a bit of trance ;):lol:

Not much of a fan of Ewan Dobson, his technical ability is simply brilliant but just not my thing. I love acoustic guitar and play a fair bit myself. I really like guys like Antoine Dufur, Don Ross & Jimmy Wahlsteen amongst many others.

This is fantastic stuff: