Think your Z's safe? THINK YOUR HOUSE IS?

HEADPHONES

Been reading about "bump keys"

Any cylinder lock can be opened with a bump key in under 5 sec :scare:

From uPVC style barrels to padlocks.

Someone could come in get your stuff/Z keys etc with no sign of forced entry.

Insurance co. would claim you forgot to lockup :surrender:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... wTVBWCijEQ

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... nrWqjgjFL0

Ordered a product called pick buster from QVC as a hopeful solution

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/ ... tem.558204

Anyone else got more knowledge on this evil?

I reckon you might as well leave your car and house unlocked (I don't follow my own theory though I must admit).......if a criminal is worth his salt he's going to assume that the house is locked anyway and that didn't stop him.

Leaving it open just avoids the barreled lock or smashed window.

Then again it does give the unshaven, unskilled scrotters a better chance of having it away with some valuables I guess.

Never been broken into but had a few things taken from the garden when the A55 was under construction 25 years ago (some underwear from the clothes line :blush: and gardening tools). I live in a very modest cottage that's hard enough to find so security is pretty low on my list of priorities.

Pete

A few years ago drove from Manchester to London.

Just as I unloaded the Zed got a call from alarm monitoring company.....someone had broke in via back patio door :rant:

Drove straight back to find no sign of forced entry. I always blamed the fitter for selling on copies of my keys but maybe I got "bumped"

The most common way a home is broken into these days is through either an insecure home (windows/doors left open or unlocked) or because people don't lock their front doors properly. UPVC doors are easily opened by putting a metal bar with a hook on the end through the letterbox and opening it from the inside. Of course, double locking the door fixes this issue.

A lot of people assume they only have to lift the handle up from the inside to lock their doors at night. They actually should be locking it with the key.

The Mrs made me buy a £1500 door when I had the Lambo as she was scared of thugs kicking the door in......the one I have, even the police couldn't smash in........reinforced door and frame :teeth:

OK Ill bite - why were the police trying to smash your door in?

:lol:

The Mrs made me buy a £1500 door when I had the Lambo as she was scared of thugs kicking the door in......the one I have, even the police couldn't smash in........reinforced door and frame :teeth:

OK Ill bite - why were the police trying to smash your door in?

For been a forum menace :lol:

5749B321-BA09-6218-99B677A77B194DF2.jpg

There are ways and means of getting through most locks and getting into any house - even if its resorting to a brick through the window. Picking locks is a bit of a hobby of mine and when I first started many years ago, the first thing I did was to try and pick the front door lock on my old house. Took me about 5 minutes!!! And that was me being a complete novice! Needless to say, i immediately went out and bought a better lock for it. Bump keys, lock picks and such like are freely available on the net and anyone can buy them and spend some time learning how to use them.

But, for the average burgler they will just be an opportunist, who if they see an open window, or know an old person lives there, or you have blatantly left stuff on show, they will just smash & grab.

The key thing is really to use your common sense. It always amazes me when I go for a walk on Boxing Day how many people leave the empty boxes outside their house for the binmen to collect, showing the whole world that they got a 50inch telly for Christmas or a ps3 or an xbox360. If I was a burgler, id know exactly what stuff they had worth nicking just by looking at the boxes piled up outside on the pavement!

Like someone else said, I think my dog should put them off. If someone wants to try and get in the house then good luck to them. lol!!!!

I reckon you might as well leave your car and house unlocked (I don't follow my own theory though I must admit).......if a criminal is worth his salt he's going to assume that the house is locked anyway and that didn't stop him.

Leaving it open just avoids the barreled lock or smashed window.

Then again it does give the unshaven, unskilled scrotters a better chance of having it away with some valuables I guess.

My shed car is seldom locked. Its worth 300 quid and there is litterally nothign in it for the vey reason i dont want anythign nicked out a very unsecure car. I took the stereo out just to make sure it was worthless.

I leave it unlocked so that, in the unlikely event someone decided they want to have a look around it they dont cost me a new window or door lock in the process.

I find that my Great Dane is a rather good at putting off unwelcome visitors

Likewise our 10 stone Rottweiler!!!! :teeth:

Where my parents live several houses were broken into despite all sorts of fancy alarm systems - the ones left alone were the houses with resident dogs :):)

I find that my Great Dane is a rather good at putting off unwelcome visitors

Likewise our 10 stone Rottweiler!!!! :teeth:

Where my parents live several houses were broken into despite all sorts of fancy alarm systems - the ones left alone were the houses with resident dogs :):)

+1

Our EBT is soft as pooo! But she looks mean :D