In Dash Computer/ OBD2 information-FINISHED @ LAST

Cookbot

How do you want it to turn on/off?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want it to turn on/off?

• As soon as you start the car/ turn the car off, it does it automatically
    • via a NEAT!! looking button, not some loose crap looking thing
    • Powers on when you open the cubby
    • A mixture of an on button and either when the cubby opens or ignition on

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this work in conjuction with the Bose headunit? I want to keep bluetooth for my iPhone and be able to use the steering wheel controls if possible.

And will it work with an aftermarket headunit, same things about bluetooth?

Managed to get it built and in the car to see if everything works well and it works just as expected. Couple of little hickups, but nothing major and the soldering is probably the most detailed I've ever done which took a few hours. The OBD2 stuff works well too.

The car wasn't running, but the ignition was on.

th_IMG_0407.jpg

Some of the images have lines across them and has really shown the pixels, but this is just my crappy iPhone camera making it look crap. It looks awesome to the eye. The house wifi also wouldn't reach the end of the drive so internet related programs don't work like the web browser and facebook. So what do you think so far?

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Email

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Looks brilliant, you using odb Bluetooth or kiwi wifi? Any pics of the screen in place and is it a separate pc to screen (mounted behind passenger seat) or an all in one unit? but definitely up for one of these when youv sorted the price out., shouldn't have any problems with the odb2 with a jdm I presume?

OBD over bluetooth and it's all contained within the cubby, so no wires off to a pc or the likes of. If you want to come over and see if it works on JDM, I don't mind, just park it next to mine and it should transmit to the screen in my car.

All done at last and it's looking good if I do say so my self. It's working flawlessly and I've learned a few things from building my own prototype one for future builds. Going to leave it on my car for a week or so to see what it does then I may bulk order some parts if there's enough interest, although I still need to speak to R35lee for some of them. Thinking of going to Wales too, so should be able to let people have a play.

Here are a few pictures of the finished item, although as mine is a face lift car with a pre facelift cubby (yes it was a pain to fit) I had to make the panel that the buttons sit on from scratch. The ones I'll get from Lee for your cars are the genuine nissan panels and will fit and look perfect.

Next is to work on a system that turns it on on starting and turns off on killing the engine.

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

I have to say that is awesome!!

Keep up the good work, next you'll be piloting your own spaceship built by your good hands to Saturn!!

If I hadn't already shipped in my gauges from America I'd have snapped your hand off for this!!

A great bit of Tech! :clap:

Still waiting for a price of the plastic surrounds, but I think they'll be £100-£120 for those alone, maybe more. It'll probably be about £440-450, but no promises.

There's a power button, a back button, a home button and a menu button.

Yea, defo if you have a satnav surround already and plan to ditch the bird view.

Held it out side a few days ago and looks good, but now its in the car we'll see. Should be OK though as it's a glass screen, not that nasty silvery plastic that cheap satnavs have.

if we already have a cubby that you could re-use or fit the unit to could we get it a bit cheaper? if not no worries just an idea.

ill take one.

how does the screen look in sunlight?

ooohh saving pennies! money waiting. scrap my bird view and ill be there tomorrow :lol:

Once I get a price for the surrounds, I'll post it on here. Ordering will consist of a deposit that will partially cover the cost of parts then it will take about 1 month to get the parts and build it. I can fit or you can do it your self. There's only 2 wires to splice and 2 to connect so is really easy.

I can fit if you're able to get to Chesterfield and can also do the bose hack if you need it too as this will make the sounds quality a million times better.

Cookie