In Dash Computer/ OBD2 information-FINISHED @ LAST

Cookbot

How do you want it to turn on/off?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want it to turn on/off?

• As soon as you start the car/ turn the car off, it does it automatically
    • via a NEAT!! looking button, not some loose crap looking thing
    • Powers on when you open the cubby
    • A mixture of an on button and either when the cubby opens or ignition on

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be supplying this with a new cubby, so it will bolt right in to your existing cubby, although these units are only viable if you don't have a face lift car. It's just too much work and cost getting them into facelift cars! I'm coming to wales, so you'll be able to get your grubby mits all over mine.

The buttons that are one my unit are crappy over priced maplin ones, I've now got some nicer ones I ordered from RS. They're not so in your face as the ones on mine.

And yes, Mario in traffic is full of win :)

If I was you I'd reorganise the first post on this topic with all necessary information, photos, details, specs, estimated build time and price. It would be a lot easier for the reader to gather all necessary information before making a decision to purchase it, instead of getting bored while reading the whole topic which will become 36 pages soon...

What do you think?

Just waiting on an email with postage prices for the cubbys then I'm going to order some bits :yahoo: but whacking out £500 for bits of plastic is demoralizing!

I know the feeling! Don't worry mate, you have customers already lined up so it will pay for itself soon enough :thumbs:

Tried using the Navigon navigation software to get home last night and although it works, it feels a bit basic, so I'm trying iGo and Sygic next, you can have what ever suits you though. The best one and even P's on TomTom etc is the Google navigator, it has traffic updates, actual pictures for turns and satellite imagery!

Have a look here, the only down side is that you'll need a web connection to use it, although I was listening to Di.fm for about an hour of my journey yesterday with only a couple of interruptions.

http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/

If I was you I'd reorganise the first post on this topic with all necessary information, photos, details, specs, estimated build time and price. It would be a lot easier for the reader to gather all necessary information before making a decision to purchase it, instead of getting bored while reading the whole topic which will become 36 pages soon...

What do you think?

Yea, when I've got a solid price and all the little details finalized, I'm going to start a new thread containing prices and better pics with link back to this thread if people want more info or to see its development.

I guess it would be good to have the option of using a more basic nav if you cba connecting to internet.

Yea, I'll probably put all the software on a disk, then the user can decide what they want. I have the Google Nav and I'll probably use the iGo nav as a back up.

Got a price from the Uk steelers too :angry: £112.10 each for the cubby and £13.77 for the finishing plate and that's bulk buying 5 at once!!!

Waiting for a stateside email to arrive and R35lee to get me some better prices.

I guess it would be good to have the option of using a more basic nav if you cba connecting to internet.

Yea, I'll probably put all the software on a disk, then the user can decide what they want. I have the Google Nav and I'll probably use the iGo nav as a back up.

Got a price from the Uk steelers too :angry: £112.10 each for the cubby and £13.77 for the finishing plate and that's bulk buying 5 at once!!!

Waiting for a stateside email to arrive and R35lee to get me some better prices.

I was on the phone to lee earlier, he said he was meant to contact you at the weekend, i think he was with the in-laws all weekend so couldnt. I'll nag him later if you want.

I was on the phone to lee earlier, he said he was meant to contact you at the weekend, i think he was with the in-laws all weekend so couldnt. I'll nag him later if you want.

Just gave him a txt, but a nag would help :lol:

Just read through the thread! Looks like a great piece of kit. How long does this install take if it were to be installed by yourself?

To install will take about 1-2 hours as getting the center console out can be a pain even if you have done it a million times :lol:

Should have a price by tonight and I've just found out they've upgraded the specs of the unit from an 800mhz processor to a 1Ghz one and it's gone from 256mb Ram to 512 :rant: Good for you lot but crap for me!

:lol::lol: I'm sure once you've made some money off us lot you could buy yourself an updated version :p

Should have a price by tonight and I've just found out they've upgraded the specs of the unit from an 800mhz processor to a 1Ghz one and it's gone from 256mb Ram to 512 :rant: Good for you lot but crap for me!

I am def interested in this! Beats the competition hands down as it uses Android's interface (I am a stickler for nice interface design). The price is also less than what I had panned to spend on something no where near this good. :thumbs:

Count me in... although nowhere near Chesterfield (I'm Kent, South East) so postage and basic instructions would be nice. I will be performing the Bose hack soon.

Just a couple of geeky questions (while I have read the whole post I may have missed if these have been mentioned) :

Will it support A2DP blueooth streaming from my phone?

What kind of HDD is built in (Or is storage via USB stick)?

Still... count me in!

1. Jed

2. Fakeindian

3. Russ

4. glrnet

5. Husky

6. octet

7. craigmdennis

The blue tooth, I've not the foggyest what A2DP is but wiki says this:

Android version 1.6 (Donut) and all subsequent versions support A2DP.

As for storage, it's a micro SD card and I'll probably be including an 8gb car with loads of stuff on it. Could be upgraded to 16gb for only about £10 more if you really want it (I wanted it and so had it :teeth: !) It does take usb sticks though aswell and I had my 500gb external HDD connected to it fine a while back to see what it did.