Budget! 350z safe!

evilscorp

Road Tax went up by inflation, so i guess thats gone up 4% or so. Fuel gone down by 1p but then again it went up 5p or so with the VAT increase, and my local garage jacked his prices up by 2p yesterday anyway! So, 1p isnt going to make much difference to me.

Will be interesting to see how this "fuel stabliser regulator" thing works if it keeps prices down or not.

Sleight of hand and mirrors, there is no cut, fuel will keep rising and the thieves in charge of us will continue to steal your money by stealth or outright blatant extortion.

Sad but true.

so we're meant to fill the huge black hole debt with wishful thinking and fluffy bunnies.

agreed i don't like paying through the nose for everything, but i understand why its happening, so we put up with a couple of years of hardship and then hopefully back to some kind of normality in the near future.

Went out at 3pm today and saw a garage on the A3 at 135.9, came home at 9pm and the same a garage was 129.9.... possibly a cunning idea to get a lot of customers in who have rushed out after 6pm to fill up though (if I was in charge that's what I would do). Either way, I was happy and filled up to the brim :thumbs:.

Sleight of hand and mirrors, there is no cut, fuel will keep rising and the thieves in charge of us will continue to steal your money by stealth or outright blatant extortion.

Sad but true.

so we're meant to fill the huge black hole debt with wishful thinking and fluffy bunnies.

agreed i don't like paying through the nose for everything, but i understand why its happening, so we put up with a couple of years of hardship and then hopefully back to some kind of normality in the near future.

Well we could start by getting companies like Barclays and Vodaphone to pay their proper taxes, but it's naive to think or suggest that this is for a few years, it's for your lifetime and your childrens lifetime, in fact it's forever!

When we all realise that funding the political elite and big business lavish lifestyles is non substainable, we might actually get somewhere.

Are you suggesting that there is no other means to "fill the blackhole" other than to flame motorists? Are we as a society that devoid of ideas? If what you suggest is a cure "for the next couple of years", I'm afraid we're fooked :lol:

I would like to see tax coming off fuel and going onto alcohol and tobacco, both are luxuries and should be taxed to the maximum.

+1 - especially as I dont drink or smoke :teeth:

Funnily enough I have never smoked and can't drink! Actually put a tax on donuts too as I'm also diabetic :lol:

The £20 Krispy Kreme Dozen box could be the future of affordable motoring :thumbs:

i'd love to see the duty come off fuel, i'd also like to see it dropped off fags and booze, all 3 are luxuries though, and anyone who thinks driving is a right is a fool.

i'd like to see bankers have their bonuses removed if they don't actually hit their target, i.e. if you loose lots of money you don't get a bonus. (that was my understanding of it)

i'd like to see all jobs in the public sector who earn more than the prime minister to have their pay cut wither to the same level or lower.

i'd like to see benefits removed for children, (i don't have any)

i'd like to see welfare removed from all those people who don't actually work and never have, basically if you haven't paid in you cant take out. so basically if you worked for 10 years you can claim maximum benefit for 3 years, if you only worked for 5 years you can only claim for 50% of the benefits etc.

i'd like to see my road fund licence actually get used on the road. i'd like all non essential medical operations to be cancelled i.e things like boob jobs and cosmetic surgery unless you actually have a medical need for it i.e. breast cnacer etc.

i'd like to see an investment in public transport so we could actually use double decked trains, and public transport network worth using.