My Car Progress thread - FINISHED PICS on 1st page

Jed

Decided to go for a complete colour change and de-badge. Whole top of car metallic black n rest Pearl Purple. Including the interior clock n audio dash trim.

So after changing my mind so many times n upsetting the body shop, the original 2 wks has extended to 4 weeks now n im missing her sooo much!

Anyway the pink Cherry went out of the windown n its Pearl Metallic Purple now n black

So its gone from my normal

Car2.jpg

the dry fit

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

To the re-strip down

car5.jpg

car1-3.jpg

Including interior trim

interior1.jpg

The Prep & undercoat

0023.jpg

0013.jpg

The start of the re-spray as per today friday 25th which has included a full strip inside and out and complete colour change including under chassis and interior trim.

topofcar.jpg

bonnet.jpg

The Rest of car now Purple n awaiting Laquering

2ndcoatofPurple.jpg

1stcoatofPurple.jpg

Some of the Interior trim & Under Bonnet Stuff to match.

Interiorunderbonnetbitssprayed.jpg

Still have to fit the Spoiler next Friday when im off work and put some of the interior in. But other than that, here she is!

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Still some bits to do but im having to do it every 7 days n only got back of hol last wk.

WOW now that is unique. Good on ya bud..... I am really looking forward to seeing it all finished. So when do you get her back?

Hoping about another week.

The Colour looks more pink than its going to be. The base paints are silver, then, blue n lastly the pink. will make it more a magenty Pearl n nowt like the nurrish wheel fiasco.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Bet you can't wait to get her back.

Yep, your not wrong. Ive enjoyed driving the MGZT though as i havnt since buying the Z n forgot what a pleasure to drive she is. But cant feckin wait n ill b :yahoo: when the Z is back.

That bright pot of paint scares me :headhurt:

Similar to all the other posts - I'll have to wait and reserve judgement until the final pictures. However, if it all comes together as well as you plan we'll have to commend your vision for such a project :clap:

Chris

Thought better of the pink/cherry so after eating a bar of chocky n thinking "That wrapper looks nice?" Im going with

Base_Metallic_Purple_custom_paint.jpg

So after upsetting my body shop (Who ide highly recommend!) it should finally be ready for end of next week.