New, about to buy a 350Z but...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it would be awesome - 62k on a 04 plate car - even though it has service history does worry me a bit though, means in about two years its hard to sell as it will be a 9 year old car with 80k+ on it...otherwise I would be on my way up there now.

~~If your buying it cos you want one, dont worry about the resale prices. Its a buyers market afterall. If someone wants it a few years down the line and its looked after with FSH there should be no issues. Up to you, these engines are good for round the clock more than once!

Always a tough situation really. Do you sell the Astra and have no means of transport but the cash waiting for the 350z, do you part ex the Astra and get a low price for it? Or do you buy the 350z then try and sell the Astra privately but risk being stuck with it for months and months.

I opted for the last option when I bought my 350z. The trade in on my old car was hardly anything. So, I just put the old car on ebay and it sold for 3 times the price the dealer would have given me. On ebay you know it will fetch the "market" price, which is the price joe public think its worth. I had about 70 people watching it and it went for the price I already knew it would make from looking at previously sold listing prices. Never the less, bit nerve racking sticking your car on there for a 99p start price and worrying that someone will get it for 20quid or something.

Wow, that was a risk, but I like it. I am a bit of a risk taker myself so can imagine what you were going through.

I almost put it on ebay the other day, but got a bit confused by the whole thing. To be honest I am getting fairly good offers from dealers, some I am getting up to about 90% of the asking price privately when p/xing with a 350z they have in stock.

...its just finding a 350z in the first place in the price bracket I am looking for. An extra couple of grand the market really opens up. Where I am (which is limited by house purchase and possible kiddies arriving at some point) its very hit and miss and really decent UK cars are sold within hours.

Wow, that was a risk, but I like it. I am a bit of a risk taker myself so can imagine what you were going through.

I almost put it on ebay the other day, but got a bit confused by the whole thing. To be honest I am getting fairly good offers from dealers, some I am getting up to about 90% of the asking price privately when p/xing with a 350z they have in stock.

...its just finding a 350z in the first place in the price bracket I am looking for. An extra couple of grand the market really opens up. Where I am (which is limited by house purchase and possible kiddies arriving at some point) its very hit and miss and really decent UK cars are sold within hours.

Yeah you have to be quick, and dealers prefer cash purchases to part-ex`s. Sounds like your situation is quite tight atm, so I certainly would be careful not to stretch yourself. Most people tend to look to sell their 350z and buy an Astra if they are buying a house, not the other way around! Lol.

:lol: yeah I know. I bought the Astra because the wife wanted something sensible but she rarely drives it. We are both very much in the 'if you want it go for it' segment of person and when I set up a motoring website (something that a mate and I thought up, looks pretty good now!) and reviewed my own car I was a bit non excited about it. She read it and realised I gave up my driving enjoyment for something sensible and just said sell it and go for something exciting that I would enjoy...

...so here I am.

Some people eh. Got a guy wants to buy my car, he agrees to come look at it today. I work from home to accommodate this. We agree a price over the phone so we are not wasting time, its less than what I got it up for. Then he goes quiet, hour later rings and wants even more money off because he got a deal with someone else he claims which is a bit less than mine. Car isn't the same its a year older but same mileage.

Can see what he is doing, trying to get good value, but wasting my time - especially when I have already told him my bottom price which is above what he came back and offered. So told him to go for the other car then.

Some people eh. Got a guy wants to buy my car, he agrees to come look at it today. I work from home to accommodate this. We agree a price over the phone so we are not wasting time, its less than what I got it up for. Then he goes quiet, hour later rings and wants even more money off because he got a deal with someone else he claims which is a bit less than mine. Car isn't the same its a year older but same mileage.

Can see what he is doing, trying to get good value, but wasting my time - especially when I have already told him my bottom price which is above what he came back and offered. So told him to go for the other car then.

Husky has a fairly successful method for dealing with this - its called a knob glassing and this dork sounds like he needs one.

Time wasters like that do my nips in - especially when you've gone out of your way for them.

Despite a lot of posturing today he seems to have agreed on the price again and is coming over tomorrow to buy the Astra.

Have already inquired about two Z's one in the midlands one in cornwall and both look good options - both black, gt spec FNSH and low milers. So could have sold one car and bought another in a matter of days. Fingers crossed... :D

Purchased...all good...until I got on the motorway and at about 70mph the noise from the damn stuck passenger side window start bellowing. I checked everything, everything but the most obvious and common fault I forgot to check the windows work. Gutted.

How much does that cost then to get fixed?

Good stuff matey :thumbs:

I think there are a few guides for having a crack at fixing yourself - not sure on prices. :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: for bits.

Things like that are a bugger but remember - it can happen anytime - it could of been 2 days after you bought it.

Is it just down a little bit or stuck down quite a way? Reset procedure on the window might fix it?

Thanks guys I will have a look at this, I literally bought it this morning, up in the West Midlands then drove it back to London and noticed the noise, it only kicks in really over 70mph but is still annoying. I pushed the window and it doesn't seem to be sitting snug in the door, there seems to be a bit of play in there. The window itself is stuck closed, so wont go down.

Another question, a dumb one, but still - where is the cigarette lighter socket so I can plug in my sat nav etc. Found an ash tray in the central column but nothing else...