New, about to buy a 350Z but...

Another question, a dumb one, but still - where is the cigarette lighter socket so I can plug in my sat nav etc. Found an ash tray in the central column but nothing else...

there are two - one passenger side centre lower dash in trans tunnel - and one between and behind the seats

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im such a plonker, reparked the car as the rowing set have now gone home and parking spaces near my place are available. Looked at the controls and noticed a button depressed that looked like a window with a key through it. Pressed it, it popped up, window now moves. :doh:

Although still doesn't explain the excessive wind noise.

Im such a plonker, reparked the car as the rowing set have now gone home and parking spaces near my place are available. Looked at the controls and noticed a button depressed that looked like a window with a key through it. Pressed it, it popped up, window now moves. :doh:

Although still doesn't explain the excessive wind noise.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mate that is a truly oobernoob, mega hilarious kind of thing that I'd do. Well done for admitting it! :thumbs:

I reckon you need to do the reset procedure mate - it can make the window reset to being fully closed.

:lol:

Going to sit down tonight and read the manual. Then up early tomorrow to clean it up nice and shiny then over to my mates place who wants a look at it. Think I have done well, a few scratches, exhaust blowing a bit, so knocked a lot of money off the asking price. I can have a go at a few bits, my dad and brother both run their own car mechanic business so can help with a few others and with the number plate should add a lot of value and be back to mint. Previous owner had let it go a bit...

I was going to suggest that you should check the little window lock button, but then I was like "Nah, no one's that dozy!" :lol:

Glad to see you finally got one, now all you need to do is change those alloys! :teeth:

Any recommendations? I would like to stick some Vred tyres on too in the coming months as it has bridgestones on at the moment so could do the whole shabang.

Also could do with a new exhaust along the line ...

Any recommendations? I would like to stick some Vred tyres on too in the coming months as it has bridgestones on at the moment so could do the whole shabang.

I can help with exhausts when you decide to upgrade, most members upgrade their exhausts as the standard ones are a bit :yawn:

Have a look through my trade section or you tube for ideas.

Depends how much dollar you've got mate - discussed to death so well worth a search for my money if you've not got a lot (300-500) you can't go wrong with a Scorpion (which my esteemed college above is flogging) viewtopic.php?f=166&t=47408&hilit=scorpion

Nice note when you want it, shiny as you like and fits the lines of the car well.

Wheels - personally I think the Rays look ace (but then I would) however if you've got some fairly serious coin hanging around Hugh (Attak Z) is flogging these which to me are about the nicest wheels I think I've ever seen - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42411

Well after next payday could well invest in a Scorpion exhaust, will get my Z looked at see what needs doing first...Exhaust or Tyre and Wheels.

I think most would suggest getting the bits that connect you to the road sorted before you worry about improving the sound.