Could the Zed last....

neo-ninja

Hi All,

I have been looking into entering some endurance rallys, and was wondering what people thought about the Zed being able to last 4500 miles over 10 days so roughly 10 hours of driving each day(450 miles a day), across country roads.

I would have thought it would be fairly bullet proof especially if the car is well looked after etc.. (Been for a service before to check all levels etc..)

What do you think? Any problems i would come across?

I was looking at doing next years Guild of Motor Endurance rally, i would have to raise fund through sponsorship and would also raise funds for charity.

But looks like something i would love to do, and i know one person who has already signed up.

Have done runs to Italy in an original mini, so the Zed should cope with this no problem. The question is, do you really want to drive in some of those countries? Brave man :surrender:

you mean scared from getting car jacked? Your doing country roads, and traveling alot of miles. So i wouldnt have thought it would be too much of a problem... (famous last words)

Remember when Clarkson went to Albania (was it?) recently. The Bentleys, Rolls Royces and Mercedes looked more able to cope with those roads than I would have thought a car with about a 3" ground clearance and 1" of suspension travel could. :crutches:

Get an old 4 x 4 and go for it.

Although I'm British as well, I come from Romania. Let's not get into an argument about how dangerous life could be in Clapton, Seven Sisters, Tottenham, Hackney, Brixton and so on comparing to Romania. I've been working few years as a business development manager for construction companies doing work for social housing in here, we don't want to get into details about it, trust me...

Romania it's a safe country, that's all I have to say :)

Neo - Romania - Day 1

car-jacking.jpg

Remember when Clarkson went to Albania (was it?) recently. The Bentleys, Rolls Royces and Mercedes looked more able to cope with those roads than I would have thought a car with about a 3" ground clearance and 1" of suspension travel could. :crutches:

Get an old 4 x 4 and go for it.

most peeps are doing in Westfields! So i would have hoped a zed would be a little more comfy. Also to qualify the car has to be a two seater.

On average about 50% of the cars dont make it!

Having checked the photos out like you said most seem to be Kitcars and self builds at that so i'm not surprise that 50% fail over that sort of mileage VS a Japanese manufactured car i really think you will be fine.

Having checked the photos out like you said most seem to be Kitcars and self builds at that so i'm not surprise that 50% fail over that sort of mileage VS a Japanese manufactured car i really think you will be fine.

Yeah in a future yeah i would love to do it in a kitcar, only problem is aparently most people who get them for the rally (ie they havent built them themselves) end up failing mid journey.

Will be the first time a 350 has entered.

Wow, that looks like a really interesting trip. Only thing that would concern me would be the quality of local petrol :shrug:

Pete

ah i havent experenced problems with dodgy petrol before, what happens is it a case of damage or just not running as well?

This sounds like a blast B) I would love to do it in me Z and it should cope :thumbs: The only worry I would have is suspension damage or punctures, so may be prudent to carry a spare wheel or spacesaver and maybe some spare droplinks :shrug:

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress :)

Definately pack a spare pair of undercrackers :lol:

This sounds like a blast B) I would love to do it in me Z and it should cope :thumbs: The only worry I would have is suspension damage or punctures, so may be prudent to carry a spare wheel or spacesaver and maybe some spare droplinks :shrug:

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress :)

Definately pack a spare pair of undercrackers :lol:

yeah im not sure if its a bit too ambitious in order to do it im going to need to raise a fair load of cash for car sponsorship etc to help fund the costs of doing it. So soon will be approaching local businesses and my company etc.

Then my aim would be to match what ever i raise for my costs with money for charity via other means.

So very ambitous at the moment but dead keen so fingers crossed i pull it off!

HI Guys,

Just a quick one im putting together some proposals for sponsorship etc... again all very much up in the air.

I was having a play with flash and put this together and was wondering what people thought, still very early days and ignore prices etc.. only just place holder more the concept you are looking at etc.. thought it was a slightly different way of displaying sponsorship options and prices on a website rather then great big gobs of text, then obviously you would clik on what your interested in too go see more.

Anyway any feedback even if you say its gash would be good feedback, website would use similar colour scheme etc..(also url was just an idea i had tonight)

http://www.redbandaddict.com/carsponsor2.html