Fair Fuel UK

rtbiscuit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done - cannot hurt.

E-mailed my MP with my sob story too, £150 per month on a short commute to work even though I work long shifts so theres less journeys per month than most... could be facing a pay cut... could be seeing a pension rise... could be working longer... will be paying more tax / NI... sob sob sob

signed and posted on facebook, but unfortunatly we will never win, we have to keep getting fuel, the only way to stop it is if everyone stops going to work, therefore goverment lose out big time....and this would never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing would be if all those who are intelligent and hold good jobs emigrated, leaving just benefit spongers here, the you'd get the same effect that happens in the film 'Idiocracy'. It's hilarious :lol: Remember an American moaning that he had to pay over $2 a gallon.... I quickly addressed him.

Can't go on strike any more, anti terrorism legislation and all that. :thumbdown:

We need to get the deficit paid off, and taxing fuel is probably the best and fairest way of doing it really. It sucks, but it's just something we've all got to suck up and get on with IMHO.

Taxing fuel is not the fairest way to do it imho. Cutting back spending on people whos net input into the coffers is less than zero is where I would start.

Ill probably sound like the son of thatcher and get bashed for it, but half the chav ridden estates couldnt give a toss how expensive fuel is. What do they care - they dont rely on their car to get them in front of the tv watching Jeremy Kyle every day.

I consider myself very lucky to be in a position where I can grumble about the cost of fuel, but not actually "worry" about it too much, but I am taking steps to reduce my expenditure on a comodity that is massively over taxed as its an easy target as I simply dont agree with it.

The motorist in general is hammered by tax as its an easy target. The VED ammounts being based on emmissions but not taking into account usage is just an example of the easy target at work - they want to make it look like its a nice "green" way of taxing, but its not. Ive pumped out less than 1 tenth the CO2 from the fezza & the 350z combined in one year than I have the Altea, but paid more than 3 times the tax.

Im starting with the following:

I have never sorned a vehicle before in my life, but starting this year I will be sorning both the Fezza and the Zed at the end of summer. Which means they can whistle dixie for 6 months worth of tax each year on those.

I will only be taking the Zed to shows and not running it as a daily drive through the summer.

I will only take the fezza to shows within a round trip radius of 150 miles, as thats just a joke on fuel.

I will be getting rid of the Jag within the next month or so and probably swapping for something a lot more economical, probably a focus or something. Thats will be less tax and less fuel revenue.

What is happening with fuel taxes is simply a carbon copy of what happened with general income taxes in the 60's. They got so high, those who could afford to, left. Leaving the government with zero income from those individuals.

Thats exactly what Im doing with fuel tax. I can afford to stop running some of my cars, and putting less fuel in and taxing them less, so I will. Im looking to drop my expenditure on car tax and fuel costs by 50%. If everyone did the same, the HMRC finances would be in a state of crisis.

I for one would rather them start looking at the money wasted on spongers, cheats and fraudsters taking billions from the economy, rather than those who actually contribute. But of course its much easier to hit the motorist and tax payer than it is to actually ensure the money they spend, is spent well.

Can't go on strike any more, anti terrorism legislation and all that. :thumbdown:

We need to get the deficit paid off, and taxing fuel is probably the best and fairest way of doing it really. It sucks, but it's just something we've all got to suck up and get on with IMHO.

Not really, the high cost of fuel causes inflation and thats alot more serious than our deficit.

Taxing fuel is not the fairest way to do it imho. Cutting back spending on people whos net input into the coffers is less than zero is where I would start.

Ill probably sound like the son of thatcher and get bashed for it, but half the chav ridden estates couldnt give a toss how expensive fuel is. What do they care - they dont rely on their car to get them in front of the tv watching Jeremy Kyle every day.

I consider myself very lucky to be in a position where I can grumble about the cost of fuel, but not actually "worry" about it too much, but I am taking steps to reduce my expenditure on a comodity that is massively over taxed as its an easy target as I simply dont agree with it.

The motorist in general is hammered by tax as its an easy target. The VED ammounts being based on emmissions but not taking into account usage is just an example of the easy target at work - they want to make it look like its a nice "green" way of taxing, but its not. Ive pumped out less than 1 tenth the CO2 from the fezza & the 350z combined in one year than I have the Altea, but paid more than 3 times the tax.

Im starting with the following:

I have never sorned a vehicle before in my life, but starting this year I will be sorning both the Fezza and the Zed at the end of summer. Which means they can whistle dixie for 6 months worth of tax each year on those.

I will only be taking the Zed to shows and not running it as a daily drive through the summer.

I will only take the fezza to shows within a round trip radius of 150 miles, as thats just a joke on fuel.

I will be getting rid of the Jag within the next month or so and probably swapping for something a lot more economical, probably a focus or something. Thats will be less tax and less fuel revenue.

What is happening with fuel taxes is simply a carbon copy of what happened with general income taxes in the 60's. They got so high, those who could afford to, left. Leaving the government with zero income from those individuals.

Thats exactly what Im doing with fuel tax. I can afford to stop running some of my cars, and putting less fuel in and taxing them less, so I will. Im looking to drop my expenditure on car tax and fuel costs by 50%. If everyone did the same, the HMRC finances would be in a state of crisis.

I for one would rather them start looking at the money wasted on spongers, cheats and fraudsters taking billions from the economy, rather than those who actually contribute. But of course its much easier to hit the motorist and tax payer than it is to actually ensure the money they spend, is spent well.

Presumably you also include those like Topshop, Vodafone, Barclays, Boots and others allegedly avoiding paying their proper taxes, not to mention all those millionaires and billionaires off-shoring their riches in various tax havens around the world.

The words "noses and faces" leap to mind when you say that you'll take most of your cars off the road and just drive cheap ones in order to avoid supporting those you define as "undesirables". Just hope with all your pomposity, you never find yourself unemployed and with no hope. I've have. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

Presumably you also include those like Topshop, Vodafone, Barclays, Boots and others allegedly avoiding paying their proper taxes, not to mention all those millionaires and billionaires off-shoring their riches in various tax havens around the world.

You might as well strike out the "allegedly" there. HMRC are bang to rights on Vodaphones £6bn let-off, and the tax manoeuvres of Green, the Barcley Bros. and the rest of them are well known. Mr. Osbourne is of course keen to please his non-dom mates, and assist in off-shoring as much tax as possible.

The words "noses and faces" leap to mind when you say that you'll take most of your cars off the road and just drive cheap ones in order to avoid supporting those you define as "undesirables". Just hope with all your pomposity, you never find yourself unemployed and with no hope. I've have. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

Waste and bureaucracy exist at both ends of the earning spectrum. The poor have nothing to take, and the rich can afford to avoid paying. We, the fat middle, all get hammered.

If anyone has avoided paying tax by illegal means and HMRC have not enforced the law upon these people, then yes, I do include them. Anyone who avoids tax rather than evades tax is not acting illegally, they are just navigating an over complex system to their advantage.

I also believe the tax system is massively too complex. It benefits those who can afford accountants and advisors to assist in them paying as little tax as possible, while remaining fully legal, and I do think it unfair that those who dont have the benefit of these advisors get shafted due to an overly complex tax system.

Im not taking my cars off the road to avoid paying tax thats supporting undesireables, as you twisted it, Im taking them off the road as I find the system unfair and overly harsh toward the motorist. Also, knowing three tenths of chuff all about me, I'd question whether you are in a position to accuse me of being pompus? Ive had days where Ive been to the cash point after pay day and still found it a few hundred overdrawn with the £500 limit looming. Ive also been jobless too, I was qualified to work in a senior IT position, yet I found myself stacking beans at Tesco for a few years to make ends meet. SUre, not as harsh a situation as some people find themselves in, but what I didn't do on those days was point the finger at those better off than me and saying how unfair the system was.