How much attention do you get?

marzman

Almost none, had mine over 4 years and have never been approached while away from home and never seen anybody looking at it apart from a couple of primary school kids once :D . That's what you get when you have a Blade Silver. :lol:

Pete

+1 stupid blade :dry:

Its the same with gunmetal grey, knowone cares.

Your doing it wrong then :p

My gm gets loads of attention :D

I warned you about the amount of attention it gets. ;):p

It's like driving a supercar - people take pictures when your driving along the motorway, the lot. It's a nice feeling when in or around the car, but for me, the problem was leaving it somewhere (a rare occurance).

I hated the feeling of attracting the wrong attention, but over the 2 year period I owned MarzMans zed it got nothing but positive attention. I guess when you own a Ferrari people know what it is and occasionally raise the middle finger thinking you're a show off playboy with money - whereas although the zed is a flashy in your face type of car no one knows what it is and people take a genuine interest in it. :)

I used to get motorbikes riding along side giving the thumbs up, people coming over when refueling asking questions, been chatted up by a random petrol attendant once (very odd), kids obviously take loads of pictures next to it, people crossing the road when I was cleaning it on a Sunday - the whole lot.

I remember when I got stuck in traffic once by myself (grid lock). A lady in the car behind got out, walked over to my window and started asking me loads of questions in the middle of the road and thanked me for making her day with such a stunning zed to look at. This put a huge smile on my face, as you'd imagine. :D (no - didn't get her number; the girlfriend wouldn't have appreciated that).

Oddly, it's mostly men that take notice. Women either don't really care about it, or as they pass pretend not to look. :p

Enjoy it Chris - as I say, nothing bad happened even after my paranoia. So long as you don't park in any dodgy places I say lap it up. :)

You already know how much I lurrrve your Z Marzman :cloud9::blush:

Mine gets quite a bit of attention, especially when she's been cleaned & waxed. Had friends driving behind me & have later told me they 'caught' 17 people turn & stare as I drove past lol.

The best one was parking up as Asda (I think it was not long after having it cleaned actually) a group of 20ish year olds were staring at it. Thought they were going to get gobby lol. Actually quite polite! One bloke says "Nice car dude!" To which I replied just like Jim Carrey from Bruce almighty "Yeeah, it get me from A to B" lol. He didn't stop there though.... He went on to say "If I could make love to any car in this car park, it'd be yours", this took me back a little bit as I had visions of jellyfish all over the boot on returning from the weekly shop, so I cooly replied "That's fine, just make sure you wipe it off afterwards!" :lol:

Had a smile on my face the rest of the day lol

It's a stunning car but having a bright colour is definitely a big reason. Mine is boggo with awful wheels and still gets quite a bit so I'm not surprised at yours. Unfortunately the greys silvers and even blacks just blend into the traffic sometimes.

my all time favourite :teeth:

pretty young thing at local cafe: i like ur car!! i see it everyday on the way back from gym.....

me: oh really??

pytalc: yeah.....that silver porsche!!!! always parked at the archery club.........

me: yes that's me......but no!!!! it's gun metal grey B)

:teeth:

I havent really noticed me getting much attention in mine tbh was kind of expecting more esp from police with me being 22 or 23 i cant actually remember :lol:, dont even think people notice when i fill up :lol:

I can see why people pay attention to yours though Chris its stunning.

I warned you about the amount of attention it gets. ;):p

Enjoy it Chris - as I say, nothing bad happened even after my paranoia. So long as you don't park in any dodgy places I say lap it up. :)

you made a stunning car, been one of my favourites for a long time :thumbs::thumbs: kudos

Nice looking Zed there mate... yep, just had the same experience today...

Had a half day off so thought I'd get up early and give her a wash before we hit the road to London. Just as we set off the sun comes out, windows down and the exhaust note meant that all was right with the world.

Had more than a few turned heads on the way down, they look so good when just washed!

i ll agree with the statement of its down to the colour and kit fitted.Mine also gets lots of attention and i ve always said its because of these things.

i ve had people taking pics of the car and been stopped and asked question as well ref what is it.lol

i am sorry to admit but i love it. :lol::blush:

Another example today......

Driving out of the works car park and a bloke walked over and said "heck that engine sounds angry" I replied "Angry?" he said "Yeah like mean angry" must have been something to with the plenum mods and Arc air induction.

So for good measure gave him a few more blips of the throttle. He walked away smiling.

:clap:

Azure strikes again :teeth: had to pop into my local exhaust and tyre centre, a rich guy with his chelsea tractor sport complimented the colour and "i bet that goes well, what size engine is it", "it sounds very nice!"

Up early, sunny day, compliments...a good Saturday! :lol:

Mine gets attention but mostly from kids. They always do that thing where theyturn round to see wot the noise is, glance at the car and turn away, then a split second later turn round and stare with their jaw hanging lol. I think it's cos mine looks like a giant toy car lol

The most I had was when me and my mate in his dc5 were playing about and hammered it by a school bus. When it pulled up beside us further down at the lights there were 50 kids taking photos lol. Needless to say they were mostly if the zed- better looking and in front of the teg ;)

I have got a silver Zed and when its clean I get alot of attention, but as other say they do tend to blend in alot more. I used to have a Golf and I spend ages choosing a nice exhaust for it but what I used to find was people would hear the car then turn and look and be like 'oh its just a golf' and look away. Now they turn and keep looking.

I had a amusing incident at work the other day... I forgot my car pass for the car park so I parked up and went to the guy who watches over the car park who I have never spoken to before. I said to him' sorry mate I have forgotten my pass is it ok if I still park here?' he replied without looking at anything for even stopping for thought 'Dom...350z?' I was gobsmacked as I had only been parking there about two weeks!

yep, i agree with getting attention, all my friends love it, and all the boy racers try and get themselves noticed by dropping a gear going past me..... with a Z, i dont need to prove its fast.

i park my car down the road from where i work, a collegue sits in his car while having lunch, and he saw someone walking around my car taking pictures.

ive had mine for a few months, and i love it still!

I do get alot of attention. When the car was blade silver and had the kit on........ it got loads of looks and people pointing at it while i drove by. But since I got it wrapped matt orange...... the attention has doubled. I genuinely cant park up without people taking pics of my car..... coming up and asking me questions etc... even asking if I would mind them sitting in the passenger seat :surrender::lol:

The attention doesnt bother me tbh but my fiance`e hates it :lol::) So obviously I keep taking the zed when I pick her up, just to annoy her :blush::lol: