Tyres

113z

Can't go far wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport 2. Had them on my 350 and no complaints. I've found the Re050a's ok personally but will probably get Michelins for all round performance, noise levels and wear though not sure which ones as they seem to have a few new types out now.

fitted Falkens on the rear of my 370 couple weeks back (got just short of 14k out of the bridgestone's) jury is still out on them at the moment, finding that the back end steps out with ease with the Falkens fitted

fitted Falkens on the rear of my 370 couple weeks back (got just short of 14k out of the bridgestone's) jury is still out on them at the moment, finding that the back end steps out with ease with the Falkens fitted

With RE050As on the front still, I wonder why...

I've only had Zed's with matching brands of tyres front and rear, so excuse me if this sounds stupid but what bearing would the front tyres have on the rear? It's an honest question as I'm curious.

I've only had Zed's with matching brands of tyres front and rear, so excuse me if this sounds stupid but what bearing would the front tyres have on the rear? It's an honest question as I'm curious.

Stones will no doubt have better grip than the Falkens, hence it seems tail happy. If you had the Falkens all round, the car would lose grip at overall less speed than having all Stones, but all tyres would have the same grip, so rather than being tail happy, it would drift more, but would be more balanced over all. So while you have less total grip with Falkens, it would be balanced. :thumbs:

Also made worse by the fact that you probably havent worn off the tyre mould release agent yet. That takes a good few hundred miles depending on how you drive.

Stones will no doubt have better grip than the Falkens, hence it seems tail happy. If you had the Falkens all round, the car would lose grip at overall less speed than having all Stones, but all tyres would have the same grip, so rather than being tail happy, it would drift more, but would be more balanced over all. So while you have less total grip with Falkens, it would be balanced. :thumbs:

Also made worse by the fact that you probably havent worn off the tyre mould release agent yet. That takes a good few hundred miles depending on how you drive.

Makes sense :thumbs: the price of those bridgestones are rising all the time, rear ones are around £310 now on blackcircles :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm expecting to have to change the rear tyres before 10k and really not that impressed with the RE50's on the 370 for several reasons. Although the fronts may have another 5k of miles left for peace of mind it will be likely I will change of 4 when it comes to it.

Although I personally found the 452 Falkens on my previous 350 fine for road use and 'spirited' driving I'm not sure they would give any better mileage than the 'stones, although when I used them on the 370 (I had kept my 19" LMGT4's I had for the 350 and they had Falkens on them), I found the handling and grip levels fine and notwithstanding the softer side walls and they get classed as a semi-budget tyre.

So I will be interested to hear of other 370 owners who are doing higher mileages and have changes tyres about their experiences.

Mines just coming up to its first service, but a good half of that mileage is on the motorway so no where near ready for new tyres yet. Be interested to see the outcome. PS2s would be the best, but they are rather expensive. Get Dan to do you a moneyback guarentee if you dont like them :lol:

Hey you!!! Welcome home, hope you had a good trip :D

I'm expecting to have to change the rear tyres before 10k and really not that impressed with the RE50's on the 370 for several reasons. Although the fronts may have another 5k of miles left for peace of mind it will be likely I will change of 4 when it comes to it.

Although I personally found the 452 Falkens on my previous 350 fine for road use and 'spirited' driving I'm not sure they would give any better mileage than the 'stones, although when I used them on the 370 (I had kept my 19" LMGT4's I had for the 350 and they had Falkens on them), I found the handling and grip levels fine and notwithstanding the softer side walls and they get classed as a semi-budget tyre.

So I will be interested to hear of other 370 owners who are doing higher mileages and have changes tyres about their experiences.

had first service on my 370 today,my tyres came into the amber area only done 5.340miles.got 3mm left,they priced up 4 new stones total £1,646 for the near future.it was a nissan dealer,is this good or not??

:scare: Over £400 a corner - shop around as that is PS2 money.