new 3 series Twin turbo

Removed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the engine has been built for turbos from the outset i woudl expect it to:-

1. Be able to be chipped and easily produce more power, e.g. at least 30bhp for not a lot of money

2. The engine is already low compression so bigger turbos could be fitted to take it to significant extra power, e.g. a miniumum of 100bhp

This is the problem with the Zed engine being NA, which is why the APS TT only runs a very low 8psi.

PS: My Cossie runs 30psi on full chat... :yahoo:

BTW is you guys are so bothered about looks, how about that new Audi TT?... ;)

I dont think its the kind of car where people will mess about with larger turbo's (although Im not saying it cant be done)

The compression ratio is still 10.2:1 which is still high, hence the small turbo's and very minimal lag. ;)

Not all Zeds are running 10.5:1 compression ;)

My mate has got a M3 EVO, its a great car. Id quite happily have an M3 or 3 Series coupe. My uncle sold an M3 convertible last year but I couldnt afford the insurance on it or id probably be driving that now - I think I made the roght choice though :teeth:

I don't know why everyones so down on BM's, I had a 330ci which wasn't too shabby and then an E46 M3, which was a great car, just let down by the flappy paddle gear box and its inability to stop without waarping the disc's

This prejudice against Beemers is just as irrational as some peoples prejudice against Nissans which stops them buying the Zed. Just my opinion. :teeth:

I don't know why everyones so down on BM's, I had a 330ci which wasn't too shabby and then an E46 M3, which was a great car, just let down by the flappy paddle gear box and its inability to stop without waarping the disc's

This prejudice against Beemers is just as irrational as some peoples prejudice against Nissans which stops them buying the Zed. Just my opinion. :teeth:

Yes I agree, but who cares about the badge. I choose the car for ans stuff what people think. That's why I've owned both. :D

Interesting article on crappy fifth gear tonight. Nice power delivery but when it was parked up, it just didn't turn one head.

Classic case of german conservative design. The 3 series is such as big seller for BMW they just deren't be too radical. Look what happened when the Sierra was introduced. The Cortina drivers were in uproar...:lol:

And I'm old enough to remember before you say...:lol:

I would sum it up as they make good (even the odd great) cars but once normal people get behind the wheel they turn into a-holes. And it gets rammed down your throat how exclusive they are when they're the most common company car going. IMO anyway....

I would sum it up as they make good (even the odd great) cars but once normal people get behind the wheel they turn into a-holes. And it gets rammed down your throat how exclusive they are when they're the most common company car going. IMO anyway....

How many have you owned then and what were they?

How many have you owned then and what were they?

Behave Kev :dry:

Unless you owned a Beamer before the zed :thumbdown: