new 3 series Twin turbo

Removed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyones so down on BM's, I had a 330ci which wasn't too shabby and then an E46 M3, which was a great car, just let down by the flappy paddle gear box and its inability to stop without waarping the disc's

This prejudice against Beemers is just as irrational as some peoples prejudice against Nissans which stops them buying the Zed. Just my opinion. :teeth:

I would sum it up as they make good (even the odd great) cars but once normal people get behind the wheel they turn into a-holes. And it gets rammed down your throat how exclusive they are when they're the most common company car going. IMO anyway....

How many have you owned then and what were they?

I've never owned one Kev and wouldn't at the mo. Where have I indicated I've owned one?? Driven many, lots of tests. Like I say, I'm happy to accept people's opinions that they make some very good cars, certain M cars etc. However, the experience of drivers on the road is how I find it, and many others. No attack at you at all. :)

I don't know why everyones so down on BM's, I had a 330ci which wasn't too shabby and then an E46 M3, which was a great car, just let down by the flappy paddle gear box and its inability to stop without waarping the disc's

This prejudice against Beemers is just as irrational as some peoples prejudice against Nissans which stops them buying the Zed. Just my opinion. :teeth:

I would sum it up as they make good (even the odd great) cars but once normal people get behind the wheel they turn into a-holes. And it gets rammed down your throat how exclusive they are when they're the most common company car going. IMO anyway....

I've never owned one Kev and wouldn't at the mo. Where have I indicated I've owned one?? Driven many, lots of tests. Like I say, I'm happy to accept people's opinions that they make some very good cars, certain M cars etc. However, the experience of drivers on the road is how I find it, and many others. No attack at you at all. :)

I would have agreed with your initial comments if you had written "once some normal people get behind the wheel". Beemers are ten a penny, the 3 series sells better than the Mondeo. I see literally hundreds on any long drive and whilst some are badly driven the vast majority aren't. Are you really saying that all BM drivers are ass-holes? Do you judge all Muslims by the idiots who bomb innocent people - I'm guessing but I'm sure you don't. Stereotyping is unsafe in any context. IMHO of course. :teeth:

I don't think you can argue that BM know how to make good cars, and their engines are amongst the best in the world. In fact, their chasis and engine men are so good that Audi (well VAG) poached a couple to work on the RS4 and R8 (BM has since poached the chassis man back!).

I don't like the shape of any of the new BM's, particularly the 5 series and above, but I don't doubt that they're excellent cars, and you'd have to be a good driver in a similarly spec'ed to car to get the better of them. There's a reason that they're so popular.

Plenty of people tune their BM's - you can bet that there'll be a host of well researched, well supported aftermarket upgrades for the new TT beemer very shortly, and believe me, it's amazing how much difference even a few psi extra boost make to a turbo'd car.

I also think that the badge conscious (many BM drivers I suspect) end up missing a lot - I'll stick with the Z and the VR4, and maybe one day I'll have the cash for a skyline or an RS4!

Which other normally aspirated engine can produce 346bhp from a 3.2 litr engine thats in the current E46 M3. Thats 108 bhp per litre. Not only that but it can be driven like a normal everyday car as long as you keep it below 5k revs, you'l never know it had such a powerful engine.

ps I am a BMW driver & drive like a tos$er, but I also drive also my zed like a tos$er! :wacko:

Which other normally aspirated engine can produce 346bhp from a 3.2 litr engine thats in the current E46 M3.

BMW cant :teeth:

320 is more realistic :p

These are manufacturers figures, and the Zed is no exception here and has been seen to produce about 20bhp less on a rolling road.

I would have agreed with your initial comments if you had written "once some normal people get behind the wheel". Beemers are ten a penny, the 3 series sells better than the Mondeo. I see literally hundreds on any long drive and whilst some are badly driven the vast majority aren't. Are you really saying that all BM drivers are ass-holes? Do you judge all Muslims by the idiots who bomb innocent people - I'm guessing but I'm sure you don't. Stereotyping is unsafe in any context. IMHO of course. :teeth:

Of course it's not a blanket statement that every individual in a BM is an a-hole - I'm saying I know plenty of nice enough, courteous people that turn into g!ts on the road when in their BM. Of course, there are plenty of good drivers out there. But you can be sure that if you're driving along in an overtaking lane on the motorway and there's no space for another car in front of you, that doesn't apply to an indicator free BM driver. Not all of them at all. Often it's the decent ones driven well, M3 drivers (whichever one is new at the time) tend to be fine. But like you say, they are ten a penny and the most common ones have normally lost at least 2 cylinders from where the mustard is.

TBH honest, don't really appreciate my opinion on a car being linked with religion and people losing their live's though.