Daytime Running Lights.

choptop

just run with your side lights on; thats what i do

+1 exactly

Same here ... I usually always have my lights on main beam anyway, it not at least sidelights.

I can tell if I have mine on or not by people spotting me sooner or not.

Just experience from my first two cars being Volvo's I think.

----------------

Side note...

Stereo being left on too long drained the battery on my Volvo once...

So I jump started it at home and left it running for a while to charge up... My dad came out and said...

"You know, your battery would charge up quicker if you turned your lights off" ...

Classic.

Sidelights are pointless: They're meant for parking, not driving with. Either use normal dipped beam or turn them off if they're not needed, a halfway house helps no-one if used during the day if you're using them to make yourself more visible to others, as sidelights are crap.

i have no problem with that. but yeh, could spend more money on other things than worry about how cars can be spotted more easily.

I'd say being seen is absolutely paramount. :thumbs: I always run whatever car I'm driving with lights on, whether it's a sunny day, or overcast. You often get little flashing hand signals/flashing lights, so I smile and wave, excellent they've seen me. How about you try the same.

It's not legal here yet to run with lights on, but the insurance councils have been trying for a long time to have it changed. To me it only makes sense.

my sidelights are always on. But u are on a road, so u may just see a car on it, next they will want a cow bell on the front to hear u as well.! Were will it end,

if u had a brain u would drive carefully in urban and built up areas, if u had a brain you would be cautious near any road or carraigeway, lights, noise, colours shouldnt make a difference.

fix the pot holes then come up with a better idea! :thumbs:

I think the point people are missing is this: infuriating as it may be - there are many, many people on the road that don't concentrate, aren't aware of their surroundings and are basically, well, crap drivers.

If DRLs gives me a fighting chance against being smacked into by one of these morons, then I'm all for it.

I think the point people are missing is this: infuriating as it may be - there are many, many people on the road that don't concentrate, aren't aware of their surroundings and are basically, well, crap drivers.

If DRLs gives me a fighting chance against being smacked into by one of these morons, then I'm all for it.

+1