Which exhaust for my new toy? 370z

Hi All,

I'm picking up my new 370z this weekend! :teeth: I want to put a new exhaust on to give it the sound it should have as standard.

Looking at the following:

Gthaus Meisterschaft, Stillen, Akrapovic,

The Gthaus sound's sweet on youtube :D

Anyone got the Gthaus on the 370z and did you source from the states?

Where can i get a re-map done Abbey?

Thanks JB

I can say HKS super sound master exhaust/air filter elements and a Uprev remap works real well.

We find this will give the car 20bhp and 20lb/ft.and with even give you more fuel econom!.

I will sort a price out tomorrow.

Damn that's impressive on a NA car. I'm guessing Nissans resident petrol sniffer has been doing the mapping again. He just loves running rx7 rich below 3000rpm :)

If you go the whole deal , Fit Motordyne ART de-cats Y pipe with race cat and HKS system and remap, we see nearly 40 bhp gain , these cars go from a stock 280bhp hub to 315/320bhp hub , they fly with a few tweaks.

Sick Boy,

We can supply & fit the HKS super sound master system and supply and fit HKS pane filter kit and remap your car for £2149-02 inc vat.

The HKS exhaust on its own is £1696-20 inc vat.

Up rev reflash is £400-20 inc vat.

HKS filter kit is £50-82 inc vat

Will add some dyno sheets to this thread today sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. Really want to get a new exhaust without bankrupting myself. My favourite in terms of looks and sound is the Tanabe touring medalion. It has a low 'hum' without and rasp and it sounds exotic IMO.

I don't want tips that are any smaller than stock and I'd want them rolled (which means only akrapovic, stillen, S-tune, tanabe) and not BLUE burnt tip. The only place i can find that does the Tanabe exhaust is tokyoexpress.co.uk but no reply over phone or email! So from USA it looks to be about £740 to buy and £190 for delivery... not to mention any import duty. (?)

There are other companies like Scorpion which seem good value but no real idea of what they sound like and the quality... and also the tips are smaller than stock. Has anyone got any experience of these on their 370z?

Akrapovic looks good but is outrageously expensive at £800 for the axle-back exaust and £500 extra for even the titanium tips! And it's a gamble because there are no vids of only the axle back exhaust on the net.

What do people think or advise? Is importing from US a realistic option?

How does stillen compare for price and sound? It's hard to find vids that are just the exhaust as most Americans seem to place headers, intakes sports cats or test pipes so the sound is a complete mix.

I'm in the same boat. Really want to get a new exhaust without bankrupting myself. My favourite in terms of looks and sound is the Tanabe touring medalion. It has a low 'hum' without and rasp and it sounds exotic IMO.

I don't want tips that are any smaller than stock and I'd want them rolled (which means only akrapovic, stillen, S-tune, tanabe) and not BLUE burnt tip. The only place i can find that does the Tanabe exhaust is tokyoexpress.co.uk but no reply over phone or email! So from USA it looks to be about £740 to buy and £190 for delivery... not to mention any import duty. (?)

There are other companies like Scorpion which seem good value but no real idea of what they sound like and the quality... and also the tips are smaller than stock. Has anyone got any experience of these on their 370z?

Akrapovic looks good but is outrageously expensive at £800 for the axle-back exaust and £500 extra for even the titanium tips! And it's a gamble because there are no vids of only the axle back exhaust on the net.

What do people think or advise? Is importing from US a realistic option?

How does stillen compare for price and sound? It's hard to find vids that are just the exhaust as most Americans seem to place headers, intakes sports cats or test pipes so the sound is a complete mix.

This is a vid of mine, completely stock except for the Stillen exhaust.

Sounds great from what i can tell. Have you any more vids of the stillen on your 40th anni model. You're in Scarborough! Next time I'm down your way I'm tempted to beg you to have a look and listen to directly compare it to my stock Black Ed. Or do you ever attend any meets?

Can I as MBS where you got your exhaust from?

Cheers

Sounds great from what i can tell. Have you any more vids of the stillen on your 40th anni model. You're in Scarborough! Next time I'm down your way I'm tempted to beg you to have a look and listen to directly compare it to my stock Black Ed. Or do you ever attend any meets?

Can I as MBS where you got your exhaust from?

Cheers

Imported it from Stillen, very easy exercise, delivered and fitted within a wekk of placing the order.

PM me next time your down this neck of the woods and we can meet up.