Detailing insanity.

bronzee

It's been a very busy few weeks here. Show and track season, full on! Next biggg show next weekend, about 600+ cars, about 70-100 mills worth of cars, then Taupo Track Day (lol, yes your navy blue tshirt Mart).

So I've been hard out detailing the Bronzed One. Well not quite insanity. Spent 2 hours vacuuming the Z ready for our club Concours on Sunday (even the engine bay!) So much to do. Even though the Z is normally pretty spick and span.

Headlights and tailights, etc, etc, out to clean and clean around.

Out at the racetrack on Friday, as unsuitable weather for detailing, so was biiiiiiigggg time, nose to the grindstone Saturday to get the car near ready for Sunday.

Worked til it was dark last night, 9pm. Even in garage with good lighting, never quite the same as daylight.

So the big payoff, the Bronzed One did well. Uum :o 4 trophies, Best Panel & Paint (1st equal with one of the guys), Best Engine Bay, & Best 350 (best 350, was 5th year in a row), Concours d' Elegance trophy (Best in Show).

Hardest bit of all has been spending hours detailing in this heat. It's been between 28-34 degrees and about 95-98% humidity, so this means the products cure differently to normal & I was just about melting. Stunning result, go Turbo Wax! :D Very pleased with all of the trophies.:D

I didn't have time to take many photos, but will upload a few of my friends pics. When I have the chance.

Well done, loving the Schumacher-esque dominance of the 350 trophies! :#1:

Lol, I know bad ha. :blush: Was trying to get a few of the other really pristine ones along for some more competion. :thumbs: Had a few of the other trophies more than once too. :blush:

Pictures of you trophy cabinet too please! :lol:

Will post pics of trophies tomorrow if I have time. :thumbs: Few of my friends have suggested an extra wing for the house. :lol:

Respect to you Immy for keeping your Zed in such special condition (she's not so young now, the Zed of course :D ). Must feel it was worth all the effort now :thumbs:

Almost 7 years, bar a month. Yes, very pleased and very surprised to win best in show. As with Concours judging there is an age penalty. So say a 1972 240z, might make 38 age points, where as I only get 7. And most of the old school Zeds are really stunning.

Congrats from a fellow sunsetter :thumbs:

Do you think they'll notice if I modify the paint colour on the trophy from Daytona Blue to Le Mans Sunset. :lol:

Thank you Ms Vik. :D

CMC will try and get some photos up of the car. :thumbs:

To appease CMC and Andrew, some pics of trophies and the Z baby. :p

The more I think about it, the more I'm pleased with Best Presented Engine. When you consider a 240z, you can just about have a party in the space around the engine, the 350z, you'd lucky to squeeze your hand down the sides of the engine to detail ( I cheat and use artistic paint brushes, the ones with very long handles). :wacko: Only a handful of leads etc in the 240z, 350z is spagetti central.

ConcoursTrophies.jpg

Ok, sorry for the delay of pics, it's very busy, two weekends in a row shows. Major ones. :scare::teeth: Track Day this weekend. :drive1

Anyway, pics, Galaxy of Cars (Sunday 6th February 2011), my gingernut baby, Best in Show, Best Engine, Best Panel & Paint, & Best 350z.

ZWinner2011.jpg

Concours d' Elegance & also our club's 30th Anniversary. :#1: Check out the super shiny, detailed Z's. :D Scary to think of the hours and the product used to get these cars looking like this.

P1020192.jpg

P1020190.jpg

P1020201.jpg

P1020199.jpg

P1020198.jpg

P1020196.jpg

P1020195.jpg

P1020194.jpg

P1020202.jpg

P1020203.jpg

P1020205.jpg

Bit of American muscle thrown in too. ;)

P1020212.jpg

P1020210.jpg