Travelling together to the Lake June 24th - 26th

rothers2901

Hi all myself and Linda are planning to travell to the Lakes meeting on Friday 24th at about 10.00 hrs. I'm hoping to arrange various meeting points throughout the route ending up with a number of Z's travelling together to the hotel and possibly stopping for a bite to eat on the way.

If anyone is interested post your name and proposed route so i can formulate meeting piont. :drunk:

Same here, I will probably meet up with Ian around here though first as we are pretty close anyway (location wise, I don't actually like him!! :lol:).

:lol: nobody likes him

only joking :lol:

Just been checking out previous threads and forgot about this one......

:boxing: I'll go on my own then!! :(

• 3 months later...

About time this thread was revisited :). I've had a look at the map and it seems that the best meeting point for those coming up from Wales, The Midlands, The South and parts of The North West would be the Charnock Richard service area on The M6. There is a service area further south at Lymm but this looks to be mainly a Truck Stop. We could also pick up those travelling cross country at one of the two Moto service areas in Lancaster or Burton?

I'm fairly easy about the meeting time as I'm off all day Friday but would suggest between 1pm and 3pm for the first meet up. Over to you guys :)

Pete

Im open to any changes & not knowing exactly where each and everyone is starting from. I propose a couple of suggested meeting points.

The first one, point (B) McDonalds @ approx 12.00/12.30, for people travelling from the top end of the East Midlands, (Sheffield, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Rotherham Etc.)

The ones travelling from the south of the area (Derby, Nottingham, West Midlands, Stratford Upon Avon Ect.) may wish to rendezvous at the second point © Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel @ approx 13.00/1400.

The meeting time are open to discussion Myself and Linda are planning to set of just before lunch 11.00am and then stopping for a bit to eat on the way at some point. So if anyone knows of somewhere to stop off shout up. arriving at Heaves just before tea.

Post your prefered meeting point. Point (B), ©.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... F8&t=h&z=8

1. Rothers2901 (B) + ©

Time is fine as the Mrs will take 3 hours to pack a weekend back then an hour to try and fit it all in the car. :bang:

Cheers for the comments it's been a hard slog to get it to this stage. Funding looks and power costs a fortune. I wouldn't do it again that's for sure but it's been enjoyable.

Looking forward to be fair to see your beast too :thumbs:

eck1.

Cant remember exactly where you are located in Sheffield, but it may be an idea to meet up in the lay by on the right just after you go over the Lady Bower bridge, then we can tackle the Snake togetter.

That sounds like a good idea, and snake is such an impressive road. Well anywhere in Sheffield is good for me as I live in the city centre

I can be at point A if you like Rothers and we can go from there picking up eck1 at the start of the Snake Pass?

;) There is no point A) ??

I think it was a trick question, as there are only options for route B and C..... :lol:

I had to look twice and work out what happened to route A!

I can be at point A if you like Rothers and we can go from there picking up eck1 at the start of the Snake Pass?

;) There is no point A) ??

I think it was a trick question, as there are only options for route B and C..... :lol:

I had to look twice and work out what happened to route A!

Not a trick question Point (A) is my home address on the map so if any one wishes to meet there first before moving on to point (B) they are welcome.

Well I'll be getting onto the M6 right at the bottom, so anyone who wants a meet point for convoy up from there would be good!

Other than that, can't see a problem with point C :)

Meeting points along the M6 is a good idea for people traveling from the SW of the county but it would be nice to have an agreed final meeting point so that we could convoy the last few miles.

Martinmac said he would meet us at the services below J36 and guide us in.