"In every life a little rain must fall"

Ricey

...........which would put me in the middle of a cocking thunderstorm.

£150 clamping fee last night when apparently I was supposed to be able to see this sign (located 20ft away form where I was parked) in the dark.......Carla is helpfully providing some perspective on the actual height of the sign

IMAG0116.jpg

The we get a spark out to have a look at the electrics in the other house we have.........he spends 2 hours undoing all the light fittings that I've spent 12 months bodging......nuff said - I think we all know enough about me and DIY by now.

Then we get a phone call from Carla's mum (who's at the house) to advise that one of the light fittings has gone 'BANG' and is now pouring with smoke..........back on the blower to the spark who will be back out in an hour.

Turns back around to go back to the house......creeping along in traffic............BANG.........tart in a Corsa slams into the back of the Zed. According to her 'we were lucky that you were at a standstill or it could of been much worse'.......errrm no - thats about the worst possible thing we could of been doing as we absorbed the full impact.

'perhaps you could get a quote rather than going through insurance and I'll pay for the damage as there's very little on your car'.............hmmmmm let me think...........how about no! Zorst is bent to frig (worse than before) and bumper has scratching on it.

Just rang her to get her insurance details as she couldn't remember who she was insured with - apparently she was too upset to call them tonight so she'll call them in the morning.......she still hasn't bothered to ring her mum to find out who she's insured with (57 plate Corsa so I don't think its any uninsured dodgyness).

So in summary this weekend has been about as pleasant as shaving your testicals with a cheesegrater

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly just got nothing to say fella... :surrender:

At least they are all things that can be fixed, nobody has been hurt apart from emotionally and probably financially... small comfort I know...

Aside from feeling slightly uncomfortable that I don't have her insurance details and forgot to take piccies of her car I'm quite glad about the bump because the zorst has been bent worse than it was which means we'll get a nice new one and the bumper is just a respray I'm sure (all looked ok in the boot).

Carla feels quite sick with neck pain and my neck and lower back are sore too so I'll be claiming the living turd out of her insurance.

I am right in thinking that the sign for the clamping is taking the piddle isn't it?

Order a mahusive Pizza Hut with sides, dessert to drown our sorrows :snack::snack:

Honestly just got nothing to say fella... :surrender:

At least they are all things that can be fixed, nobody has been hurt apart from emotionally and probably financially... small comfort I know...

Aside from feeling slightly uncomfortable that I don't have her insurance details and forgot to take piccies of her car I'm quite glad about the bump because the zorst has been bent worse than it was which means we'll get a nice new one and the bumper is just a respray I'm sure (all looked ok in the boot).

Carla feels quite sick with neck pain and my neck and lower back are sore too so I'll be claiming the living turd out of her insurance.

I am right in thinking that the sign for the clamping is taking the piddle isn't it?

Order a mahusive Pizza Hut with sides, dessert to drown our sorrows :snack::snack:

As long as you got her reg you should be ok, I take it you have spoken to your insurer and given them the details...

The 'sign' is a complete joke I am sure there are regulations about size and placement etc, I am sure someone will know for sure. Like you said before even the clamper guy seemed embarrassed didn't he?

At least you are looking for the positives, i.e. new Zorst etc even a completely black cloud can have a slightly silver lining :dry:

As long as you got her reg you should be ok, I take it you have spoken to your insurer and given them the details...

The 'sign' is a complete joke I am sure there are regulations about size and placement etc, I am sure someone will know for sure. Like you said before even the clamper guy seemed embarrassed didn't he?

At least you are looking for the positives, i.e. new Zorst etc even a completely black cloud can have a slightly silver lining :dry:

I've not told our insurance yet - I'll call hers tomorrow and if she's admitted liability then I won't bother with ours. You've got 48 hours to report it to your insurer.

I had a look at the clamping regs - a sign at the enterance of a car park (and no where else) is not acceptable, a sign where you cannot read the details is not acceptable (Vine vs Watham Forest), a clamper not displaying the company emblem on their vehicle is not acceptable (they were in an unmarked MPV). Clamper admitted to me that they had to put the sign high up and not where they should put it because the Wok bar employees kept ripping them down.

I've not told our insurance yet - I'll call hers tomorrow and if she's admitted liability then I won't bother with ours. You've got 48 hours to report it to your insurer.

I had a look at the clamping regs - a sign at the enterance of a car park (and no where else) is not acceptable, a sign where you cannot read the details is not acceptable (Vine vs Watham Forest), a clamper not displaying the company emblem on their vehicle is not acceptable (they were in an unmarked MPV). Clamper admitted to me that they had to put the sign high up and not where they should put it because the Wok bar employees kept ripping them down.

Let your insurance know now! Give them her details and leave them to chase her - also report it to the police immediatley - you should've had them at the scene if there were injuries.

I just remembered a few years back i got clamped....on my motorbike! :surrender: The sign then was like your one, way up high, tucked in an overhang. I was getting a bit verbal with the clamping guy but it got me nowhere. I found out later that the clamping guy (i recognised his picture in the local paper) was notorious and eventually got done for kicking the s**t out of someone who 'wouldn't let it go' :scare: ....i'm glad that i let it go!

I know but its a right ball ache going through your own insurer .......you have to claim on your policy, pay the excess until they get around to claiming it back and then you have to declare a claim next renewal.......this way I technically have not made a claim - she's made the claim for damaging our car.

I'm never sure when your supposed to call plod....seemed a bit excessive for a couple of sore necks. I'll report it and get an incident number after docs on Monday.

I would put a claim into your insurer just in case. Things can get messy in the future.

As for the clamping tell the to get lost, that sign is ridiculous.

Myeah...I need to notify them regardless. I'll let them know but I'm going to try and claim through her insurer first.

Admiral won't replace the Scorpion if I claim through them - they increase the premium for a mod but they don't insure the mod itself (good old bit of insurance shafting logic for you there!).

So they will pay the price for a Nissan exhaust. :lol:

Had a friend who went down the friendly route with the other party paying and it turned into a nightmare. :surrender:

Yip - they'll only pay for OEM materials (unless you pay for a separate individual modification premium in addition to the additional modification premium they've just charged)...........which actually might work quite well - let them fit a new OEM and flog new one, the bent scorpion and old OEM - use the funds to buy a Nismo :teeth:

There's no chance I'm going down the non-insurance route.........it sounds like such a cliche but both our necks are killing! Besides - she seems to be under the impression that a few scratches will be cheaper than paying her excess - her face hit the floor when I said the exhaust would be around £380 fitted minimum.

So they will pay the price for a Nissan exhaust. :lol:

Had a friend who went down the friendly route with the other party paying and it turned into a nightmare. :surrender:

Yip - they'll only pay for OEM materials (unless you pay for a separate individual modification premium in addition to the additional modification premium they've just charged)...........which actually might work quite well - let them fit a new OEM and flog new one, the bent scorpion and old OEM - use the funds to buy a Nismo :teeth:

There's no chance I'm going down the non-insurance route.........it sounds like such a cliche but both our necks are killing! Besides - she seems to be under the impression that a few scratches will be cheaper than paying her excess - her face hit the floor when I said the exhaust would be around £380 fitted minimum.

make that 700 for oem

I am not sure how it works but if the insurance company got a genuine quote for a part from nissan would they not allow you to source a cheaper part. I know its common sense and this doesnt usually apply. :blush:

Don't forget its the Scorpion on the car at the mo so HER insurance company will have to put the car back to its state pre-accident meaning they have to replace the Scorpion - hence me saying around £380 to supply and fit.........suppose I should of put the wind up her a bit more and quoted for an OEM!

If I go through my insurance they'll stick an OEM on it (Costing twice the amount). I really don't want to stick an accident on our claim history if we can avoid it too.

If all goes well she'll call her insurer to tomorrow and admit liability then I can go through them.

Ricey,

You HAVE to inform your insurance, even if it's not your fault and your not intending to claim from them.

The accident will be on your history, no matter which insurance you claim from. It just goes down as a non fault accident, but still incurs a loading. Most insurers ask if you have had any accidents in the last 5 years whether it was your fault or not.

You really need to inform your insurance, they fix your car and then chase her insurance for the cash, this is how they make their money. I crashed our Alfa recently and admitted liability but the other guy still went through his own insurance to get his courtesy car and get his car fixed and they are now recouping the money from our insurance.

Ricey,

You HAVE to inform your insurance, even if it's not your fault and your not intending to claim from them.

The accident will be on your history, no matter which insurance you claim from. It just goes down as a non fault accident, but still incurs a loading. Most insurers ask if you have had any accidents in the last 5 years whether it was your fault or not.

I know I need to inform them mate - I just really don't want to claim through them.

Can I just catagorically state - just in case anyone was unaware of my stance on this.........Insurance companies suck the big kahuna. :dry:

(said in a the MOST weasley insurance voice you can muster)......yes but your statistically more likely to be involved in another crash now sire.

....give me strength. I'll let them know this morning.

Ricey,

I know I need to inform them mate - I just really don't want to claim through them.

Can I just catagorically state - just in case anyone was unaware of my stance on this.........Insurance companies suck the big kahuna. :dry:

(said in a the MOST weasley insurance voice you can muster)......yes but your statistically more likely to be involved in another crash now sire.

....give me strength. I'll let them know this morning.

I had this discussion with my insurance company.

They said - You are now statistically more likely to have a fault claim now you've had a non fault claim.

My response was - Well I wasn't in the car so how do you're statistics work out for that?

Them - I'm not sure sir

Me - Please pass me through to the legal department as I now need to them to claim the next 5 years increase back through the other driver then as I refuse to be out of pocket for something that was 100% not my fault.

Them - Let me speak to the supervisor

My premium was dropped. :)