Rang the Stealers today.

defianty

The Zed is getting close to needing a service and although I'll probably go to an independent, I do have a main dealer literally at the bottom of the road where I work. Thought I'd give them a call today to get a price for a P3 service. I was actually stuck in traffic bored, thinking 'who can I call' :lol: We've all been there.

The call went something like this after asking for the service department.

Nissan: "Hello, Toomey Nissan service department, **** speaking, how can I help?"

Me: "Hi, can you give me a price for a P3 service for my 350z please?"

Nissan: "Yes certainly, [slight pause] is that a Renault?

Me (gobsmacked): "Errr, no".

:scare:

Independent it is then :lol:

So they expect me to hand them over £390 for a service for a car they think is a Renault. :lol:

i went to a toyota garage once where the junior mechanic lifted the front bonnet on my mr2 to check the engine; you should have seen the look of suprise on his face when there was no engine there :lol:

it was a good garage but i did ask to make sure the chief mech was the only one to work on it. ;)

A very similar story happened to me when I drove into a Nissan garage (joint with Renault) soon after buying the car, parked right in front of their showroom (this is a low-end Nissan garage with nothing fancy ever going near it), walk in and ask how much it would be for a service. The guy at the desk looks through the window at my car and goes "I'm sorry. We're only servicing Nissans and Renaults".

Needless to say I did a quick runner from there.

The Zed is getting close to needing a service and although I'll probably go to an independent, I do have a main dealer literally at the bottom of the road where I work. Thought I'd give them a call today to get a price for a P3 service. I was actually stuck in traffic bored, thinking 'who can I call' :lol: We've all been there.

Nissan: "Hello, Toomey Nissan service department, **** speaking, how can I help?"

So they expect me to hand them over £390 for a service for a car they think is a Renault. :lol:

haha.....no jokes.....my local Nissan and Renault dealers/service agents are under the same roof

:blush:

To be fair, it could've been that person's first day at work and they might not come from a car background, so wanted to make sure they got everything right for you. Not everyone knows everything about cars, for some people it's just a job.

If the work is fairly priced and the person actually carrying out the work knows what they're doing, then who cares if the person on the phone knows chuff all?

They probably employ a receptionist/team that handles all calls for that companies range of franchises.

Here in Chesterfield you have Gordon Lamb that have Nissan, Renault, Land Rover, Jaguar, and a few others. They at least have seperate numbers to ring depending on the make of car, but other groups such as Autoworld in Chesterfield have one reception number for their range of brands. So you speak to the same person to service your Fiat as you do an Alfa, they are employed for their organisation and administration skills not their car knowledge. :shrug:

Toomey Basildon by any chance!!? :wacko: