Looking to sell, whats it worth...?

un1eash

This is another whats it worth thread as i'm looking to downgrade after just 8 months of 350Z ownership. We're looking to buy a house and are pushing to the maximum we can afford, as first time buyers i dont know the full costs of home ownership and dont want to come up short. We could keep the 350Z but then we could also save quite abit by downgrading for now. My car spec....

56 Plate GT 300 with Sat Nav

12,600 miles

Black Leather

Very good Condition, Unmarked Rays

Mot till May 27th (but i can put a fresh year on)

Tax till November 2011

Last Service was a P1 done on 15/09/10 @11,800 miles by CS.

Also has rear parking sensors and folding mirrors.

The car currently has a K1 fitted but i also have the stock exhaust which is in excellent condition.

Thanks in advance.

i would have a look at whats around at the mo as close to your spec as possible and put it in the middle. ive got mine up for sale at the mo, but prices are all over the place.

its only worth what someone is willing to pay as im finding out. but like you i dont need to sell so can hold out for the right offer and enjoy it untill then.

good luck :thumbs:

When i got my car a year or so ago, these were going for 15-17k depending on how goo nick they were in etc..

However judging from a couple of cars that arent selling on the for sale section/piston heads and are newer, with similar millage and loads of extra goodies, for around £13k downwards seems crazy...

Unless there is something about them or course.

re fit the standard exhaust as with the K1 you'll struggle to shift it for 12k

with stock exhaust i'd say about 13- 13.5k.

you could possibly ask for 14k, but i doubt it would shift at that and people would want to work you down to about 13.5k

maybe put it up at 13,995 or 14,249

I was thinking of putting it up for 13k and would take offers as i'm really just looking at covering what i owe on the finance. I know its possible to sell with outstanding finance on the car but i think this will put alot of people off.

not strictly comparing like with like, but mine is sort of similar, but haev quite a few mods on and i've had zero interest at £13k.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27843

I'd be seriously looking at stripping the Mods, your car is stunning but you could remove things like the lip etc swap the wheels out for standards etc. it would make it easier to sell and you could coin back some more cash for the mods.

Hi Gents,I think everybody out there is looking for a bargain at the mo what with the unpredictability of the economy and job situation,along with the ever increasing fuel costs !

A lot of bods are finding it difficult to get good APR deals on their loans.

Probably the best deals are on Credit Cards with 0% and a 3% fee for up to 18 months..

I used this method to buy my Ducati thanx to Mr Branson

Although not the same UK spec as yours,my 05 JDM, T version with 32k in fine stock nick was in the stealers for £10,999 but I got it for £8,500 !! which I was quite pleased with.

The prices are all over the shop and unfortunately, it is a buyers market.

There's a lot of nice motors out there at present.

I'd deffo remove all the mods and sell them seperately ,otherwise they'll just become a sweetener for the sale.

All the motor dealers I know have had one of the worst years on record,despite what they may say to a customer.They're praying for better sales or some of them won't be around by the end of the summer.

Personally, if practical,I'd wait till the weather improves a bit .

Good Luck with your sales anyway.

:wacko:

ps .I'm looking for some nice wheels. :lol:

Makes me sick to see how much they have dropped in price... :thumbdown:

perhaps i should get rid of mine before i make an even bigger loss!

I have had mine up for sale on pistonheads for the last 2 weeks. Only one "interested" person which insulted me with the offer. I looked at part exchanges too and i really hate to say it but i was literally giving it away.

If its totally imaculate (which mine is) you will get 10k partx tops. I tried 4 garages when looking to get rid of mine.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

57 Plates are now selling for under 13K, here is an example of one which hasn't sold

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2413236.htm

Recently P/ex my 07 Plate Nismo for 13k which in the current climate I thought was a reasonable deal. I think you will struggle to get much more than 12K in a private deal and 11K in P/ex.

The motor above hasn't sold and it's the 313bhp model with low miles, the market is flooded with Zeds just now which is bringing the price down and £435 Road Tax for anything newer than a 06 and Fuel prices isn't helping.

I contacted a few dealers and most were offering only 11K in P/ex :scare: it's definitely a buyers market just now there are over 200 for sale on PHs alone, a few dealers I contacted didn't want to know and IMO I had one of the nicest Zeds around.

HTH

Andy

57 Plates are now selling for under 13K, here is an example of one which hasn't sold

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2413236.htm

Recently P/ex my 07 Plate Nismo for 13k which in the current climate I thought was a reasonable deal. I think you will struggle to get much more than 12K in a private deal and 11K in P/ex.

The motor above hasn't sold and it's the 313bhp model with low miles,

Andy

The car in the link is crash damaged, hence why it hasn't sold ;)

I think you will struggle to get much more than 12K in a private deal and 11K in P/ex.

I was just offered 12-12.5k as thats what i owe on finance, the car we were looking at was £13.5k though so the monthly payments would be to much.

It looks like i'm going to wait till ive moved in and accessed my monthly out goings before making a decision on how much i can spend a month on a new car.

Anyone got any ideas on the sudden price crash?

My thoughts are - recession, fuel prices at record highs, and the 370z finally getting into the second hand market.

Luckily (or un, depending on how im feeling :byebye: ). I ditched my Z in april after only 6 months due to a job change, and the prices seem to have plummeted looking now. Annoyingly, I traded my Leon Cupra R in for the Z, got 4k for it and they seem to be fetching between 4.5 and 5k now on PH, and that's 15 months later!

I've been looking at 370s and the 309bhp 350s for the last month or so. Had several test drives whilst wondering if i should get rid of my 2003 GT spec Zed. Trade value for my car is circa £4.5k - the mileage at 107k is an average 14k per year. Despite a bulging wallet file of history/receipts, not a single stealer or trader has cared to attempt to offer anything more.

I have consistently offered to pay cash outright for the cars ive test driven - asking how much the dealer/seller will drop the price by....they dont. Best i have managed is £300 off a 309bhp Zed cos the tyres weren't legal. I have even provided proof of finances to two dealers - they didnt move the price at all (and im 34 and normally in my work suit and tie lol!)

It seems that prices (certainly at dealers) haven't exactly dropped, they are just not advertising them at bullsh1t prices (ie a 309bhp Zed at Nissan stealer can be had for £14k with only 30k miles on the clock. 6 months ago the same car would have been up for 16-18k). The dealers seem to have become 'honest' overnight and have slashed prices, removing the BS that they normally add onto the price. Hence bob-all hope of getting them to shift (much) on price it seems at the moment.

One place i went to yesterday has had the same 07 plate 309bhp Zed (no satnav) since October, at £15k. Despite me showing the dealer a raft of better cars at 1-2k less, he was adamant that £15k was the right price and wouldn't budge..... a mix of realistic dealer pricing, and a few dealers with slighgtly silly prices still it seems :teeth:

Again, private sales are impacted by dealers sudden 'moral' pricing. End of day, my car/your car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Thankfully like many selling on here, Im not desperate. Afterall, i will only end up with a slightly newer Zed if i do manage to sell mine B)

• 4 weeks later...