The new Merc SLK

bounty78

Me neither Paul..the previous one look a bit too girly and small. :thumbdown: Think they got this one right. Can't really afford a SLS AMG, this is the next best thing. They think it will be out Summer this year. The price on the road will probably be around £30k onwards i'd imagine.

It comes with an optional panoramic roof that changes colour to a darker roof at a touch of a button B)

I think the physical size is too small to pull off the front end. The C Class front looks better. That looks llike it's trying to be an SL and not a very convincing one.

I really like the current shape SLK. The proportions and styling are right - especially in AMG trim.

merc-slk-55-amg.jpg

I'll have a look in the flesh though. I might change my mind!

The previous version is a bit marmite..did like them when the were first out until i saw lots of ladies in them over the years. :p

I kinda like this one :blush: each to their own

Like the M-styled side grill and the daytime running lights in the headlights. I agree Merc can be better in the looks department.

It's still fugly.

Mercedes haven't designed a car for years that I'd want to spend my hard-earned on. I'd have an SLS, but that's AMG created.

what if they put this beast into production :cloud9:

39247_426631512369_528277369_4618096_1006753_n.jpg

Oooh, hadn't seen that before. The front's a bit heavy and the wheels are miles too big, but otherwise it looks much better. Definitely shows promise, good find.

Bet it'll come with a bland interior and a slush box if they ever make it though :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

I went to test drive the current SLK (unfortunately it was only the 200) - but found it so underpowered and the autobox just wouldn't change when I needed it - basically it was not nice overall !!

I asked the dealer to contact me for a test drive in a 350 - but typically of this garage (Sinclair, Neyland, Pembrokeshire) - they never, ever ring back - they must have lost more deals than I can imagine.

When I went to get the Audi TT (Lease) - I gave them every opportunity to contact me.................FAIL !!!

Agreed..some merc dealers are a bit stuck up...the one in Lincoln was the same..none of the sales person actually came up to speak to us, wonder if we were underdressed :blush::dry:

We couldn't afford it anyway..we were just being nosey..checking out the new E-Class coupe B)

There is no reason to be snobby when you work at a car dealer. My Dad walked in and bought a new S Class in jeans (probably £12 from Tesco) and a T shirt. He always switches the full amount too.

Sarnie bought a Lambo in flip flops and shorts!

One of my mates REGULARLY buys £100k cars (3 or 4 a year sometimes more!!!) and he is 28 and looks like he's fallen off a skate board.

Money doesn't always show.