Alloy Rim Protectors

mpkayeuk

DOH, search fail. Sorry guys! Looks like it's a good idea then, hopefully will look good in red on the Black Ed :)

Did you go ahead, interested in seeing what they look like on the Black edition wheels.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Any photos of the alloy gators on your black ed?

I'd like to see that too. Three months in and I've managed not to kerb my wheels yet, but if past experience is anything to go by it's only a matter of time :wacko:

I'd also be interested to know what they end up looking like if you do run them up against the kerb. The promo video on the Alloygator website shows using a blade to scrape off the rough edges. Be good to know if anyone has actually done this and how the protector looked afterwards.

Any photos of the alloy gators on your black ed?

I'd like to see that too. Three months in and I've managed not to kerb my wheels yet, but if past experience is anything to go by it's only a matter of time :wacko:

I'd also be interested to know what they end up looking like if you do run them up against the kerb. The promo video on the Alloygator website shows using a blade to scrape off the rough edges. Be good to know if anyone has actually done this and how the protector looked afterwards.

I'm a bit sceptical as to whether these will work on the 19" OEM 370 rims.

Unlike the 350 Rays/Nismos that have a pronounced lip to help the protectors 'grip' the 370 wheels are flat faced which suggests to me the tyres would have to be removed to get a large enough area for them to 'grip'?

P1060818.jpg

You can see from the rim design, when used with tyres that have rim protectors as in the pic above, they already offer a little protection. Yes, I have seen kerb damaged 370 rims but in my experience the 370 rims are a little less prone than the 350 ones.

Yeah, I have maybe been lucky so far not to have any kerb damage in the 2 years I have had the 370, but when parking I always make a point of coming in at reasonably acute angle first so that the rear tyre hits the kerb which, with the mirror I have angled to see the rear wheel area, helps to find the distance from the kerb and then a forward shunt putting the lock hard on so again the front tyre hits the kerb lets me know I am close enough in before straightening the car. Not easy when spaces are tight -I agree, but has worked so far :shrug:

I'm a bit sceptical as to whether these will work on the 19" OEM 370 rims.

Unlike the 350 Rays/Nismos that have a pronounced lip to help the protectors 'grip' the 370 wheels are flat faced which suggests to me the tyres would have to be removed to get a large enough area for them to 'grip'?

P1060818.jpg

You can see from the rim design, when used with tyres that have rim protectors as in the pic above, they already offer a little protection. Yes, I have seen kerb damaged 370 rims but in my experience the 370 rims are a little less prone than the 350 ones.

Yeah, I have maybe been lucky so far not to have any kerb damage in the 2 years I have had the 370, but when parking I always make a point of coming in at reasonably acute angle first so that the rear tyre hits the kerb which, with the mirror I have angled to see the rear wheel area, helps to find the distance from the kerb and then a forward shunt putting the lock hard on so again the front tyre hits the kerb lets me know I am close enough in before straightening the car. Not easy when spaces are tight -I agree, but has worked so far :shrug: