I / We got Engaged

spursmaddave

Congrats Dave :#1:

Tell the missus I have a wonderful little Jewish man who works out the London Diamond Bourse ;)

Bet you have some good commision scheme going too dont ya :p:lol:

Reading it back again, I can't help but think that you may have been watching a footie match while this convo was held :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Thanks for all the messages... well most of them :p

I may have been watching football as the conversation took place :blush:

I have been reliably informed that you should spend roughly a months wages on an engagement ring, so the month I have selected is July 1985 when I was on a YTS scheme earning £100 a month :yahoo:

I have been reliably informed that you should spend roughly a months wages on an engagement ring, so the month I have selected is July 1985 when I was on a YTS scheme earning £100 a month :yahoo:

:nono: ....and with the current price of platinum and gold its more likely to be three months salary ;) Anyway is thought that counts....oh no hang on you haven't had to put any thought in :lol: oh well you'll just have to hope the missus plays fair when she goes shopping :evil::lol::lol:

:nono: ....and with the current price of platinum and gold its more likely to be three months salary ;) Anyway is thought that counts....oh no hang on you haven't had to put any thought in :lol: oh well you'll just have to hope the missus plays fair when she goes shopping :evil::lol::lol:

I think I know the answer to that one :console:

*cough* *cough*

although it is true that you are expected to spend a months wages on an engagement ring, you don't get to choose the month, it is always your current salary (sorry for the bad news mate)

Is that salary or income? I fear I got mine the wrong way around and could have saved a small fortune :surrender::lol:

Haha I love the effort that went into that mate! Although you just gave her an open cheque book :lol:

You're gonna pay dearly for that my friend! :lol:

If you want an awesome ring at cost price I can give you the name of a contact in Hatton Gdn london. He makes jewelery for shops and did posh and becks ring. He'll make you up a ring exactly how you want it. You pick the diamond (cut and size etc), the band style and material etc and he makes it up.

If your missus knows what she wants take a sly pick and he can copy too. You'll save a small fortune!

PM me if you want his details :thumbs: