Exhaust Upgrade options

thebesh

Hi Guys

Got big plans for the zed this year and one of the items I want to upgrade is the exhaust. So after speaking to some folk and reading opinions a lot of folk aren't too keen on the K1 system and say it's a bit loud and boorish, BUT I really like the look of it if I'm honest. All the other systems that folk recommend seem to sound a bit more conservative in comparison but to me look not that much more different to the bog standard exhaust that's on it.

I'm willing to spend about in the region of about 600 quid (more or less depending on it ticking all the boxes). Really looking for something that looks badass without setting off all the car alarms in my street when I start her up (like my next door neighbour does when he starts up his Civic with a MENTAL exhaust on it - which I find amusing)

if you read my posts, i bought one, put it on and loved it for about an hour... and then went ooops have i made a massive mistake?? i'll find the link in a minute.

it was fun but really horrible in a way, very loud, annoying, setting car alarms off, couldnt come home late at night without parking at the end of the street...

Buy something else, buddy club is similar but looks alot better imo(and is in your price range)

What about the one Wayne has..... Clarkie34

It's a 5zigen pro racer

It might be a bit out of budget but has similar looks to the K1 without sounding like a bear going at it through a stadium PA system.

Cheers Guys

The 5zigen Pro Racer looks the NUTZ and sounds wonderful - Also been looking at Miltek exhausts and they seem to sound nice, although not as aggressive looking as I'd really want. Pricing on these 2 are just pushing the boat out a bit more and more.

Found this item on here http://www.370z-uk.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 07&start=0

This has almost sold the Buddy Club to me (as well as various vids on YouTube) - I'll be getting the wheel/exhaust place down the road from me (Tawse Tyres for those that know the NE Scotland) to do the fitment so I'm happy to read that this exhaust is a more suitable fit. Has anyone got a ballpark figure on what a system fit usually costs? (obviously time to fit dictates a lot of pricing)

Thanks for all the responses folks

Cheers Guys

The 5zigen Pro Racer looks the NUTZ and sounds wonderful - Also been looking at Miltek exhausts and they seem to sound nice, although not as aggressive looking as I'd really want. Pricing on these 2 are just pushing the boat out a bit more and more.

Found this item on here http://www.370z-uk.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 07&start=0

This has almost sold the Buddy Club to me (as well as various vids on YouTube) - I'll be getting the wheel/exhaust place down the road from me (Tawse Tyres for those that know the NE Scotland) to do the fitment so I'm happy to read that this exhaust is a more suitable fit. Has anyone got a ballpark figure on what a system fit usually costs? (obviously time to fit dictates a lot of pricing)

Thanks for all the responses folks

I paid 35quid to get one fitted, somewhere else charged 50

i have hks replica, which has been likened to an elephant farting through a tuba, by some member on here :lol:

however do a search on "getting this baby" and you can see what it looks like.

others dont like the tone, others do, marmite kinda thing. I love the sound it makes and looks bad ass with the bumper tucked.

listened to SpursmadDave miltek with high flow cats(berks) which sounded nice, but a tad quiet for me TBH, but that is just my opinion.

What about the one Wayne has..... Clarkie34

It's a 5zigen pro racer

It might be a bit out of budget but has similar looks to the K1 without sounding like a bear going at it through a stadium PA system.

Can't recommend the pro racer enough. :thumbs:

It's fairly quite at tick over and doesn't boom on the motorway,but give it the beans and above 3k sounds. :cloud9:

I paid £750 for mine but that was through ESR and when the exchange rate was better.I think you would struggle to find one for less than £1,200

I had the pro-racer A Spec on my car for 2 years. Loved it.

Combined with a Nismo Intake, it sounded amazing. Nice and loud without being vulgar.

Teamed with some Hi-Flow cats, it would sound louder again if you wanted more noise.

Speak to Sarah (Chillired) a Buddy Club may not be that far out of your budget ;)

If you like the look of the K1 you will love the look of the Buddy Club

And sound wise it is a lot less chavvy and does not have an ASBO like the K1 :surrender:

You get a fair amount of cabin drone as you do with the K1 but with pipework like that just under your seat you should expect that :lol:

Here is a comparison.... absolutely no comparison at all really, size is EVERYTHING ;)

34212_404278072333_716622333_4610813_3425362_n.jpg

My commute was through the Dartford Tunnel and in 4 months I never did it without the window down :cloud9: