Consequences of drink driving and hitting my van

iain10101

Damn my van is jinxed! Writen off by a drunk driver at 1130pm last night.

And to add insult to injury, he pushed my parked van forward by 8ft onto the pavement knocking my parked mondeo into the neighbours parked car too.

Not nice to say but he and his 5 passengers 'yes i said 5 passengers as there was an extra one in the boot, who did a runner' deserved to be taken away in ambulances!

Grief, no sleep, worry about insurance etc makes me a very unhappy boy!

Still at least the Beast was in the garage out of harms way! And no one apart from the idiots were hurt!

crash2010004.jpg

crash2010003.jpg

crash2010001.jpg

newpicsdecember072.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

Police confirmed that he had 3rd party insurance, so no issues there and he accepted responsibility immediatley. The driver of the piece of sh1t was 25 and the passengers ranged between 17 and 30. They were all drunk, completely drunk! The idiot driving told the fuzz that he only had 6 pints and he only went out to get some beers with his mates... Says it all really....

My insurance company are very very good so far. Im with morethan. One call about 35 mins and i got all relevant info i needed to sit back the rest of the day! Im getting a mazda 6 sport of similar as a courtesy car delivered tomorrow any my car is going to lifestyle ford tonbridge asap. Could have done without the grief, good to know that all is in hand and i have to wait for them to contact me etc.

Also it was an interesting conversation with the nice traffic officer. To start with where the skids started was 43.8m from my van, Which he did a calculation on that he was doing between 70 and 80mph at time of braking and hit my van at between 30 and 40mph. All this on a 30mph zone. Hence the damage above. Was carnage and somewhat surreal that all this happened right outside my house with the company van and my st200. Im starting a campagn with the other residents to get something done about this! Its a 2.5 mile road thats reasonably straight and the boyos use it as a race track! I love my cars and am completely gutted that one drunk idiot can accrew so much damage, both to the vehicles and the people involved. And the cost to the government astonishing, 3 fire engines, 5 police cars, 3 ambulances and a doctor car. Then the crime scene people with the cameras and measures etc. Unbelievable!

sorry for you mate, on the good side looking at there car windscreen it looks like two of them had no belts on and hit the screen hopefully bashing some sense into there tiny brains.

Indeed, none had seatbelts on. Thier heads were evidence of that. Its the one in the boot that got me, he walked away with no problems at all. Note to self if im stupid enough to get into a car with a drunk driver, which would never happen in a million years, get in the boot! lol. And im Hoping they will have woken up this morning a little more than hangover in a hospital bed surrounded by angry looking coppers! Yeah baby!

Although saying that. The driver will probably blag it that he needs his licence to work and will get 11 points and a thirty quid fine! And his mates will think hes a hero as none of them died and by next weekend they will probably be out doing it again! Life sucks dont it.....

Really sorry to hear this mate, what a bad way to end the year. Still fingers crossed the insurance fixes everything quick sharpish. Pity that it impacted on your beloved mondeo too :(

Hope those idiots learnt a lesson, but being realistic I bet it won't make an ounce of difference, sucks. :rant:

Hope things improve for the new year and see you at a meet in the future, still waiting to see those new wheels :teeth:

sorry to hear that and also crap @ this time of year.

hope it all gets sorted for you real soon Iain.

what hospital is he and his mate in and we can all go in and eat all their grapes, chocolates and steal their get well soon cards?

gits!!! :rant: hope he gets banned for a long long time!

Only if they're seedless!

:thumbs: Indeed!

Only problem i have now is that i have to get a new car which after i have just got the Z creates some issues for me. Im looking at getting another hot hatch as it were. So Golf GTI, Focus ST2 or a Leon FR unless anyone has more sugestions? What to get??????? Help me

I have a Leon FR but it is the TDI so not sure if that is your thing or not... Low rent interior but a lot of engine for your money, my PD170 was almost 200bhp from the factory and a small tweak got 210bhp no problem :thumbs:

A petrol FR with the auto box is a very nice drive might be worth a test, I went for a Leon because I like to be a bit different as too many Golfs about :surrender: