WANTED:- Supercharger Kit Complete

NIcad7

As per title, will be looking for a second hand supercharger kit, all complete and in good nick for around March time.

Will happily put a deposit down now if anyone is looking to sell around that time, and is selling for the right price! Im looking at around 2-2.5k

Cheers,

Will :thumbs:

Considering there are only a handful of FI cars in the UK, good luck finding a second hand kit :)

Vortech new is £2800 + shipping + customs. Ofcourse then you need to buy a fuel system, injectors, EMS & a fuel pump as a minimum to get going.

Yup, this can definitely be obtained for £2K :thumbs:

Yeah I'm the same biscuit. Can't see the kits of 2k being any good however I would love to be proved wrong and snap one up straight away

+1 agreed,

cheap doesnt always mean good and anything being strapped to my engine i want to be able to trust it when its at the limit.

Ofcourse then you need to buy a fuel system, injectors, EMS & a fuel pump as a minimum to get going

Hmmmm i'd contest this point :p these are luxury items...plenty of US cars just have the bare bones vortech with the FMU to boost fuel pressure....ud max out at about 360-380 before needing to go with the extras

I wasn't asking for a brand new kit, so please don't twist my words and I'm also not asking for a complete ready to run set up am I?

Ive asked for a complete second hand supercharger kit, i.e. Vortech or HKS kit with no parts missing and everything working. I can sort out a fuel system myself...

Ive seen P15ULT sell his vortech for 2500, and tony420z sell his HKS one for 2000 so they are out there....

I am in 2 minds about going for some supersprint manifolds, exhaust and cosworth cams, (along with some serious weight saving) but the costs of that will come out the same as a second hand S/C.

The car just needs a little more ooomph, im having to chuck it into corners real fast when drifting to stop it bogging down in 3rd and 4th, when I could really use the power to help out a bit!

:thumbs:

Personally i wouldn't bother....you will be heading into a massive world of cost. Sucked the fun out of driving it for me. I never really felt my car needed the 420whp to make it better. N/A ftw

Each to their own, but personally I couldn't have an n/a Zed, I just don't think they are fast enough in standard form. I was looking at getting one for a few years, but every time I drove one I was just disappointed with its lack of grunt. But once I drove the FI zed it was a different kettle of fish and I had to have it.

Your almost certainly right that your car didn't need 420whp to make it better and you said yourself that you got paranoid about noises and potential problems probably due to knowing that you were pushing the safe limit on stock internals. Is this not what sucked the fun out of driving it?

Mine is only running 400bhp (fly) and is sssooooo much fun to drive. I feel being built and tuned at Abbey and not being pushed to the limit gives it the best chance of surviving and stops me worrying too much.

I'm sure one day in the near future I might start chasing a few more HP as it's very hard not to but I do believe 400 is about right for these cars for drive-ability vs performance.