help!!! new here!!!

Hi!

first of all appologies if i'm posting this in the wrong bit but realy need some help here!

my names Nicola, my partners name is Stuart, he has a 350z and thanks to some :rant: the passenger side wing mirror was damaged, ours and another 4-5 cars on saturday night.

so for the last day and a half we've been online looking @ how to fix this as cheap and as fast as possible.

now bare with me here, i don't drive, i know jack about cars other than what colour they are and if i can match it to my nail polish, but stuart doesn't like forums, i do so i'll do my best to "try" and say or explain what i'm trying to ask about.

i know we need to buy the whole part, we cant get just buy the small balck plastic triangle bit we need to replace, i also know that we need to take the whole bloody door apart to fit the part, sigh, AND it's going to cost a good bit. correct??

we tried to glue it with araldite resin this afternoon, we spent 2 hours in the cold holding it in place but when stuart left for work tonight it just snapped off again where we had glued it.

not sure if this it's road legal or not but i sent him on his way to night shift with a plastic bag over the mirror held by the window until we can get this sorted.

is it possible to buy the part on line and fit it ourselfs, (i know big footery job) and still have a xmas with presents and dinner or best take it to the dealers and be stink till summer? :shrug:

thanks for reading this and again sorry if i've been a typical girl bout this, any feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

Nic

I have just advised another user in the same position as yourself to contact 350z breakers to see if they can source you the wing mirror you need at a decent price. A few can be found on ebay.

Best of luck - I feel your pain. Drunken jealous arses that do this kind of thing - really boils my pi$$.

As for your bf - tell him to get on the forum! We are a friendly and helpful bunch really.

wow!! thanks guys!

that was a fast reply!! :teeth:

thanks ChrisS & Attak2 i'll PM them right now, Attak2 it's Silver Liquid Platinum Metalic not the darker silver Diamond Graphite Metalic, lol!! i know this cause it matches my silver giltter Barry M nail ploish!! :yahoo: (you have now learned some useless girly fact)

i have a funny feeling that if i can possibly sort this out for him he might just take over on here from me :lol:

besides i'm more used to hamster forums and face book, *hangs head in shame* but hey! i'm doing what every supporting girlfriend should do in times like this.

Cragus if i ever find out who did this god help them them that all i can say!

Nic

Can't help u anymore than the others have already but get Stuart involved on the forum hel learn a lot and if u's come along to any meets ul put faces to the names. Lots of us here from Glasgow already, the more the merrier!

Irfan stays near you, as does Jay (the pumpkin coloured zed you may have seen about).

I stay just outside Glasgow but my girlfriend lives near you (in Newlands) so I am very familiar with the Southside. We meet in a number of different places and go for drives and lunches together. Now and again, we have a static meet to show off the addition of new shiny bits. :lol:

yass yass very funny guys!! :lol:

i'll just be happy to get this wee one fixed before xmas.

thats cool i know where newlands is, we're just off Holmlea road in cathcart.

i used to have a best friend in college who was into old VW bugs, we used to go to bug meet ups and bug jams in summer, they were great fun.

i'll make sure stuart comes on here, one thing i've learned about forums is you get the answers you need and honest ones!

Nic