Engagement ring Insurance?

Jay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Her family is very old fashioned mate, so there is nothing I can do :lol: I was with her for 6 months in oz and she did all my ironing and cleaning......... so I am just hoping that she remains like that :blush::lol: She isnt a gd cook but i enjoy cooking so that works well for us :lol:

Jay - you and Laura don't live together do you?

House insurance usually draws limit at £1k - £3k for individual items and will ask you to list valuable items.

She'll need to add it to her house insurance and you'll need a valuation certificate (which includes photos) to do this - a reciept of purchase is not sufficient - you want to cover the cost of like for like replacement - especially as you've gone down the bespoke route - so it needs to be insured for market value. In my case my ring was valued at £1k more than we'd spent as we'd sourced a certificated diamond direct from the London Diamond Bourse and had the ring made. :thumbs:

Our house insurance went up by £80 odd quid :scare:

All very good advise. Make sure you have it valued properly and a proper report for insurance with pics. Amanda's ring is valued at over £1k more than I paid, purely because the jeweller that made it doesnt think she'd be able to get another pair of diamonds that flank the main stone that match as well as hers do.

I am indeed as her sirname is mackenzie and they used to rule it back in the day plus its gorgeous at night time. After that we are off to The Torridon hotel for a romantic dinner etc :)

i loved the etc, im telling you mate, make her work for it :lol:

when the time comes for nicoles sparkler to get made, ill make sure she works hard for it haha!

Ps you were talking about her cleaning for u etc,.... Thats why women have small feet. stand closer to sink haha