Holiday ideas? 4 week holiday!!!

gazhull8474

Looking to have a nice long break after I come back from Afgan beginning of 2012 and have started to look at the usual long haul places Australia, America and such like. Would like to hear any good places people have been. Got a budget off £5000 and will be going with my other half. Open to all types of holidays.

Thanks in advance

Gaz

If people have accommodation in those countries would also be interested in renting if it's available.

Looking to have a nice long break after I come back from Afgan beginning of 2012 and have started to look at the usual long haul places Australia, America and such ......................

follow the sun ....... start in the southern hemisphere ............. and do in next year, don't wait till 2012

If you go to oz mate... to do it properly... you really need about 6weeks +. My gf and I were oer there for 6 months and still felt we didnt fully see it all. The exchange rate is pretty bad just now so your money wont go as far.

I would say go to thailand and see all the islands etc :thumbs:

I'd recommend hiring a car/ campervan, and crossing the Nullarbor from Perth to Adelaide.

Fantastic adventure, I'll never forget it, and some of the best beaches in OZ are on the way.

here's a few of the pics I took of the nullarbor trip..

PICT0304.jpg

PICT0310.jpg

PICT0374.jpg

Everyone will have different ideas but if you like touring then there's no better place than The South West of The U.S.A. We've been for a month on two occasions, we stayed in Motels in the past but in the last few years we decided to rent an RV, it actually works out cheaper. Approx costs would be £2,000 for RV rental, £1,200 for flights, £800 for fuel and £600 for food, I think we took 5k with us and came back with about 500 pounds to the total cost was approx £5700. There's just so much to see, we covered areas like The Badlands in S.Dakota, Yellowstone in Wyoming and favourites like The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Mount Rushmore, Death Valley, Devils Tower...etc. The best time to go is in May/June or September, July and August are incredibly hot and also more expensive. As I say though its not for everyone but if you want to see the most amazing scenery in the world that's the place to go :thumbs:

Here's the RV we rented :)

P1014019.jpg

This is the best way to do it though :teeth:

P10134652.jpg

Pete

No motor bike license or I would go across america on a Harley bit of a childhood dream I have had. Some cracking pics you guys have posted up. Got a hard choice to make I think but will be worth it when it's made and I'm enjoying myself.

Like the sound of that as well Ekona not fussed about beaches either so don't mind the driving

If you go to oz mate... to do it properly... you really need about 6weeks +. My gf and I were oer there for 6 months and still felt we didnt fully see it all. The exchange rate is pretty bad just now so your money wont go as far.

I would say go to thailand and see all the ladyboys etc :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

If you haven't did Oz before mate, I would give it some serious consideration. I think Jay is right though - there is a lot to take in and time is a big factor! When I went, I spent just over a week each in three different locations - Perth, Brisbane and Sydney. Just do your research and map out carefully what you want to see and where you want to go.

Flights a killer though. :dry:

Craig ya pillow biter lol

See I hired a big winnebago when i was oz and I did from Adelaide all the way up to Cairns...... that took 7 weeks...... but thats just stopping and doing whatever we wanted to do ... ie. Fraser Island... Whitsundays... Byron bay Ulluru. etc etc. Yes the cities are kool........ but the real australia is on the open road away from the "big" cities.... thats when you get a real feel for the country. I would do it again in a heartbeat. But a slab of beer is $50 which is like 30 odd quid eeeek :surrender: