Top Gear Jag falls to bits

ATTAK Z

not the first or the last top gear car to fall apart when they've had it.

clio V6 did; think they went through 3 cars.

koineggsegg had issues

couple of their ferraris had issues

i know there were more but i can't fo rthe life of me think of what they were :shrug:

This thread is NOT meant to be a dig at Husky nor at Ash guys'n'gals ..... just a bit of support for our leader Chesterfield and information for everyone else :thumbs: As I said to Ash in a PM, I love Jags as much as the next petrol head; in fact I used to own one

This thread is NOT meant to be a dig at Husky nor at Ash guys'n'gals ..... just a bit of support for our leader Chesterfield and information for everyone else :thumbs: As I said to Ash in a PM, I love Jags as much as the next petrol head; in fact I used to own one

I think anyone who says they wouldn't like a Jag is talking **** and we all know you get friday afternoon cars of ANY make and type...

When I was looking at Zeds I was also looking at old shape XKR's but the V8 put me off... made the Zed look positively economical :scare:

if i had the money i would have a brand new jag xj; they are :cloud9:

same as i'd buy an alfa or an aston or a TVR

they all have their issues; does just seem to be badge bashing for the sake of 1 person.

chesterfields account of things hasn't put me off the cars, just the dealerships. and to be honest nissan did the same. so all i did was avoid the dealerships.

I love Jags. I've always wanted an XJS or an XJR. My Uncle & Grandfather (I think most of the family has had one at some point) have had Jags for as long as I can remember.

I'll get one when I grow up a bit :teeth:

they all have their issues; does just seem to be badge bashing for the sake of 1 person.

chesterfields account of things hasn't put me off the cars, just the dealerships. and to be honest nissan did the same. so all i did was avoid the dealerships.

The only good Dealerships I have found are Mazda.

The Mazda Dealer in Taunton even helped me when an ex tried to screw me over.

She had the log book for my Mazda as she insured it and I was the named driver, when we split she said I had to sell the car and would not give me the log book unless I agreed... I spoke to my Dealer who I had got to do some work and he actually suggested that I brought her in and she signed the car over to him and he paid me via a cheque... then a week later he sold the car back to me for exactly the same amount, all I had to agree to was let them do some work to the car ;)

The next weekend I had to pick some stuff up from my ex, I parked a bit down the road and told her I got a new car but not as nice as the Mazda :dry: her face when I drove past and waved out the window will stay with me for a very very long time :lol::lol::lol:

I don't want a Jag of any kind. Give me any Jag of any age and any type and I'll find you a similar car by a different marque that I'd have instead.

E Type ?

yes I know ............. Dino :thumbs:

and we all know you get friday afternoon cars of ANY make and type...

My brother and I were unlucky enough to get two then :lol:

Mind you Jaguar were on a four day week and ours were built Thursday afternoon, so technically we do have Friday afternoon cars :lol:

I think its fair to say Top Gear arent eactly gentle with their cars, so they do fall to bits. I remember Jezza deciding it was the windscreen wipers making a funny noise on one ferrari so he stuck them down with masking tape and they were ripped off by the wind. They also probably dont get one thats gone through the "show car" process at the factory either.

Ask Jay about Aston Martin and he has some horror stories too. In fact, when I was at the dealership for mine, they have an Aston section next door - in the garage at the back was a large crate with a DB9 V12 engine in that was being replaced under warranty. :shrug:

My old man would be in a new LWB XJ now if the local dealer could do maths. Trade in book price on current car - 9k = deal???? Don't think so!

I'd have a Jag, every manufacturer has issues, some worse than others though. If the car itself is worth it then you'll deal with it and put up with it.

The only good Dealerships I have found are Mazda.

The Mazda Dealer in Taunton even helped me when an ex tried to screw me over.

She had the log book for my Mazda as she insured it and I was the named driver, when we split she said I had to sell the car and would not give me the log book unless I agreed... I spoke to my Dealer who I had got to do some work and he actually suggested that I brought her in and she signed the car over to him and he paid me via a cheque... then a week later he sold the car back to me for exactly the same amount, all I had to agree to was let them do some work to the car ;)

The next weekend I had to pick some stuff up from my ex, I parked a bit down the road and told her I got a new car but not as nice as the Mazda :dry: her face when I drove past and waved out the window will stay with me for a very very long time :lol::lol::lol:

glad to see there are some good hearted people out there! wish i could have pulled a fast one like this on some of my exs, oh i did i got a house :yahoo:

All marques have their issues of some kind. Take the Audi Q7 3.0TDI, a great 4x4 and family car. However all the audi dealer garages are full of them (as are Falcon Performance) due to a massive leak from the water pump! A good customer of ours has a 2010 model top of the range and paid a fortune for it. There will be a recall very soon :wacko:

Cars are so reliable now compared to the 'back in the day' cars you hear the older generations talk about. At least back then customer service meant something with the dealers and they tried to put right the faults instead of denying there is an issue.

Another good customer paid over £200k for a high end bentley and it always pulled / tracked to the left. It lived at the dealers and they could not fix it and it was brand new. In the end the customer threw his keys at the dealer principle and told him it was going legal. They refunded him in full after a lengthy arguement :bang:

My advice it to wait until around 6 month to a year after vehicles have been launched before buying new as there are always issues and recalls. Ask an R35 GT-R owner ;)